A&H

Kouyate red card

Alex_the_ref

What did people think of this? I felt that while a red may have been slightly harsh, it certainly wasn't a clear and obvious error, so I am surprised it's been overturned

A&H International
was never a red card, nowhere near the player - Kouyate is a respectable player! leave him alone! :D

from a non west ham fan view ... I too am a little 'suprised' it got overturned, I think they've belittled Clattsy there as I can see why a red was given

Very interesting article. Clats is a great referee. England's best at the moment.

Politics eh?

Clats is also somewhat of the black sheep of the elite officials having been sacked, reinstated but suspended, and had numerous complaints against him during his career at the top level.

I'm sure that wouldn't have any relevance in the FA reasoning.

What's does that matter. Ref who runs his own road? Guy is a Good ref but doesn't bow to convention?

Who doesn't love that?

I for one definitely do, I think Clattsy is the best ref in the world right now ...

and I'm a hammer!

what a great read ... how the FA genuinely think Atkinson is the better ref?

maybe because he 'plays the game' ... you cant get rid of Clatts because they know he is the best, so its a 'put up with it' situation ... when Martin goes, Oliver will be the new golden boy of Riley!

I think Clatts is one of if not the best ref we have at the moment.

If that article is correct then I have to say that I am not surprised that politics plays a big part in how things run at The FA.

As with anything else in life, you can be the best at what you do, but if your face doesn't fit then you'll struggle to get along.

Interesting that this a different method they use when they look at incidents match referee has missed.

Then its three ex referees who view incident independently and vote - only if all 3 say it should have been a red card is that action taken.

For me MC is best referee - QPR v Wigan 2nd leg Play Off semi final 13/14 season is the best performance I've seen from a referee bar none.

Well, I'd happily hang Mr Clattenburg out to dry but not for that. That "panel" does have its moments, like Delap's red card for Stoke against Crawley rescinded (0.50)::

Back