A&H

Kit clash

Dazzykerr

Level 6 Referee
Just received a message from my under 15 game tonight.
Both teams play in the same kit. Who changes or wears bibs
One club says home the other says away.

The Referee Store
Answer: What do competition rules state?

Reality: Home club may have easier access to a change kit or bibs (if they play at a "home" ground). Up to the secretaries to sort it out between them ahead of your arrival. Get one lot to turn them inside out if you're at a loss.

Answer: What do competition rules state?

Reality: Home club may have easier access to a change kit or bibs (if they play at a "home" ground). Up to the secretaries to sort it out between them ahead of your arrival. Get one lot to turn them inside out if you're at a loss.
Nothing in league hand book. Emailed the league sec no reply

What league is it?
In all 3 of the leagues you have in your about section they all have the following statement in their rules and regulations, which are in most cases a carbon copy of the SCOR:

If, in the opinion of the referee, two Teams have the same or similar colours, the Home Team shall make the change. Should a Team
delay the scheduled time of kick-off for a Competition Match by not having a change of colours they will be fined in accordance with
the Fines Tariff.

Just received a message from my under 15 game tonight.
Both teams play in the same kit. Who changes or wears bibs
One club says home the other says away.

In the absence of an official league reply, via handbook or other

" leave it for you both to sort, advance notice you cannot both wear the same kit"

On the 1% chance you turn up and they kits clash, take the match fee and go home

Check that though, it could be half fee plus mileage, depending on comp rules.

It was meant as a general term, for whatever applies. I would be taking/claiming my full fee and the clubs write to whoever they wish tho!

It's really simple for me.

As others have said - competition rules are king you need to check them, however having said that, I'm not looking to start being the one to lay down the law to both clubs. Assuming this is all done over email, I'd be referring both clubs to the competition rules and the league secretary and stating that you if you arrive at the game and the kit clash has not been resolved, then you will not be starting the game. That way it's their problem to sort out with each other and the league.

It was meant as a general term, for whatever applies. I would be taking/claiming my full fee and the clubs write to whoever they wish tho!

If the clubs knew the rules they wouldn't pay you, and you could actually end up on a charge if you claim a full fee and the competition rules say you aren't entitled to it.

If the clubs knew the rules they wouldn't pay you, and you could actually end up on a charge if you claim a full fee and the competition rules say you aren't entitled to it.

Am happy with that and would deal accordingly.

If they dont want pay at the time, thats fine too.

if they cant work out the rules re kit, with 12 hrs notice, they can also be left to puzzle the rules re no match taking place, with 12 mins notice.

If it is a sanctioned league it will 100% be in the handbook, the league wouldn't get sanctioned without it.
Am almost certain it's in there from where I have looked. Waiting on confirmation of league then will provide the link 🔗

@Dazzykerr based on your location I’m guessing this is the Chiltern League? If so;

CLUB COLOURS
Every Club must register the colour of its shirts and shorts with the Secretary by 31st May who shall decide as to their suitability.
Any Club wishing to change its colours during the Playing Season must obtain permission from the Management Committee.
Goalkeepers must wear colours which distinguish them from all other Players and the Match Officials.
No Player, including the goalkeeper, shall be permitted to wear black or very dark shirts.
Any Team not being able to play in its normal colours as registered with the Competition shall notify its opponents the colours in which they will play (including the colours of the goalkeeper jersey) at least 4 days before the Competition Match.

If, in the opinion of the referee, two Teams have the same or similar colours, the Home Team shall make the change.

Should a Team delay the scheduled time of kick-off for a Competition Match by not having a change of colours they will be fined in accordance with the Fines Tariff.
All Shirts must be numbered, failing which a fine will be levied in accordance with the Fines Tariff.

Back