A&H

Juve v Atletico

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
That ref Kuipers just comes across as the nicest man ever.
Excellent referee too
Hope he turns in another good display here

His AR Erwin was my AR for a week tournament back in 2002. Shows there is hope for everyone

The Referee Store
Thought the ref called it correct and would have been horrified had the goal been given, of course our friends on the mikes say because the gk never had both hands on it, it should be a goal. They be as well taking any smackhead jake off the street and asking them to give opinions at times
Two mins added time, which for me spot on, the VAR seemed around 90 secs
No cards, ht, letting game flow, nicely poised at 1-0

Thought the ref called it correct and would have been horrified had the goal been given, of course our friends on the mikes say because the gk never had both hands on it, it should be a goal. They be as well taking any smackhead jake off the street and asking them to give opinions at times

No cards, ht, letting game flow, nicely poised at 1-0

Yep, clearly had hands on the ball

BT comontators were calling for a goal! Ffs

Yes, cos two hands were not on the ball. Ref did very well, Juve thought thats them back in it 2 min in.
Hope even without a review it would be a foul, but in a way, good the decision stood

AR flagged for offside for the Sterling goal in the city match (after it had gone in following protocol). Keown went on a mad rant about how VAR was ruining the game and robbing Sterling of a goal despite the very opposite being true considering the AR put his flag up and VAR was about to overturn it!

Several times the commentator tried to politely explain what was going on and how VAR was actually the sole reason why the goal was allowed but Keown wasn't having it and continued to whinge about something which wasn't actually occurring. He may as well have been shouting at the wind

AR flagged for offside for the Sterling goal in the city match (after it had gone in following protocol). Keown went on a mad rant about how VAR was ruining the game and robbing Sterling of a goal despite the very opposite being true considering the AR put his flag up and VAR was about to overturn it!

Several times the commentator tried to politely explain what was going on and how VAR was actually the sole reason why the goal was allowed but Keown wasn't having it and continued to whinge about something which wasn't actually occurring. He may as well have been shouting at the wind

there's your answer, he's about the worst there is!

i still really dislike VAR in this form, it's not smooth or seamless and takes a long time for fairly simple decisions to be reached.

the thing i dislike about it that every goal is automatically checked, they checked the sane and foden goals last night, both clearly onside. I'd much prefer a rugby league style system where the ref/AR come together to agree that the goal is OK and if they have any potential issues they send it upstairs for the VAR to decide on.

Yes, Kuipers called the Juve "goal" correctly and as much as some will say it validates his call by VAR checking it, he got it perfectly correct first time round, so maybe he should just be left to it.

There has to be a middle ground somewhere where instead of a check on every goal, it should be the, oh maybe, ones.

otherwise the referee is really redundant in all but the admin of a sanction etc

Reactions: es1
What about the way they use the DRS in cricket ?

Each team has say one review per half to use as they wish, i know all hypothetical as not going to happen.
I've championed this idea from the outset. Put the control into the team official's hands. I don't think football wants to be seen to copy any ideas that work in other sports

Challenges/appeals would be my preferred route as well.

10 seconds to appeal to ensure coaches don't use videos
If challenged play continues until ball out of play Or play is in a neutral condition
2 challenges per half or similar, if it's rejected you lose the challenge
Can only be used for 'big' decisions

Not quite that simple but I think that would be so much better than what we have now.

I'm coming at this from a fans perspective and how I feel VAR currently impacts my enjoyment of the game

Back