A&H

It's that time of year again......

Ross

Forum VAR
Staff member
Level 6 Referee
FA Referee
Where you don't get a game for weeks on end. Where are people attempting to get a game this weekend?

The Referee Store
I lost a couple of games last weekend due to the frost, but I am now booked up every Saturday and Sunday for the rest of the month. Then just one more month of games before the marking season is over... fingers and toes crossed that I will get my promotion at the end of Feb.

Westmorland FA U18's V Cumberland FA U 18's on Saturday, been changed to a 3G pitch so barring a massive freeze/snowfall tonight should go ahead. It is also my first ever appointment on the line/working within a team so im really looking forward to it.

Plus my new wembley kit is up for its first outing!!

Ive had two brilliant games this weekend that I have really enjoyed despite the 300mph winds!!

Saturday, a game played in the best spirit. 2 really helpful Captains that took control of their players. Both teams doing plenty of hand slapping and back patting with their opposing players - rather surreal really! No cautions or sendings off.

Today, a belter of a game considering the wind. Hard fought battle between both sides. No separating them at all at 0 - 0. A 92nd minute penalty when the ball was running out of play but the 'keeper went for it and brought the striker down. Cue head in hands and feelings of "what have I done". The penalty taker however hit the post so it finished 0 - 0. A cracker of a game - I really enjoyed it, so yeah, a top weekend out for me.

Better get the orange balls ready folks :)

Although I fear most games won't go ahead this weekend

I was a bit peeved really as a friendly went ahead on Saturday afternoon on the 3G 2mins from my house with the 1st team ive played for and im doing some work for with the manager atm. I dont think they will have used a proper ref. I would have hoped he might have given me a called, but nevermind.

Having just seen the weather forecast for this weekend it's not looking likely that many will get a game again

Snow, Frost , snow, snow......... Both of my games were cancelled last weekend and yes you guessed it both of my games are cancelled this weekend. The only good thing is I have already covered over 20 games, so I do not need any more games for my promotion thankfully. Although now it is the waiting game, with toes & fingers crossed. Good luck to all you other referees on the promotion scheme.
Craig Hardy - Level 6

All I've seen on Facebook and twitter is a long list of games being called off. Don't think there'll be much at all in February.

Good news you've got your games in Craig. I know a few that haven't

well at the moment im double booked tomorrow... got my league game (which I fully expect to be off) and been offered a friendly if its off on a 3G ptich so fingers crossed i might get a game!!

Just lost a game next Sunday due to the weather!

I was supposed to be refereeing a CFA Women's Cup Semi-Final match but one of the teams are still in the Women's FA Cup that has been called off tomorrow so that takes precedence. Bloody weather!

Back