A&H

Its snowing

The Referee Store
I ran a marathon in those conditions, reffing is easy compared to that. You only have to run from one side of the centre circle to the other:) Game off tonight frozen pitch.

Living next to a major airport, we got a lot of heat from the lights and everything that snow doesn't really settle unless it is a bucket load.
I had a game last Wednesday where s 3G pitch was icing over.
Last night another game, no snow, but again it started to ice over.

Living next to a major airport, we got a lot of heat from the lights and everything that snow doesn't really settle unless it is a bucket load.
Mate tell them to turn the lights off. We can feel the heat from down here.

Crikey, don't turn your bedroom light on at night, the pilots might mistake your garden for the touchdown zone
You haven't been flying any drones lately by any chance... have you? :oops:

Crikey, don't turn your bedroom light on at night, the pilots might mistake your garden for the touchdown zone
You haven't been flying any drones lately by any chance... have you? :oops:

Wrong airport...
But no drone.

Actually, think this airport had 1 incident recently.

2 games planned at the weekend I will be stunned if they go ahead. The ground is frozen the temperature at 8am was -5 so I can not see the ground defrosting before the weekend.

5 games cancelled this weekend I've not heard from the home team on the 6th game 1 30 Ko tomorrow but I assume it will be off. Hopefully next week is better I hate it when I have more than 1 weekend in a row of all games being cancelled.

I'm on astro on Saturday, back on the grass on Sunday - fingers crossed both games go ahead.

Had a text at 7am telling me game was on and which changing room to go to, I was on my way when game called off at 9.15am

Tomorrow still on …..at the moment.

Weds my next one after that, and that should be OK as a balmy 8 -10c forecast by then

I wasn't surprised to find out today's game was off.

Tomorrow's game is in the balance they're having a pitch inspection at 9am (1330 kick off) which is handy.

No idea what the ground is like there, but we had loads of snow on Friday night with a good centimeter or two still around this morning, went to the in laws about 2 miles away and hardly any snow.

Tomorrow's game is in the balance they're having a pitch inspection at 9am (1330 kick off) which is handy.

No idea what the ground is like there, but we had loads of snow on Friday night with a good centimeter or two still around this morning, went to the in laws about 2 miles away and hardly any snow.
A centimetre,:ninja: you be careful out there Zaza, thats really dangerous I'm told!!! :flip:

My game today is about 25 miles away, so who knows, but we certainly couldn't play in my back garden - frozen with snow covering

A centimetre,:ninja: you be careful out there Zaza, thats really dangerous I'm told!!! :flip:
It is if you're a southerner, luckily I'm not.

Today's game is also off, apparently there is still standing water on the pitch, it's a shame I was looking forward to a game today, but it does same me a near 60 mile round trip.

Might go for a run instead

It is if you're a southerner, luckily I'm not.

Today's game is also off, apparently there is still standing water on the pitch, it's a shame I was looking forward to a game today, but it does same me a near 60 mile round trip.

Might go for a run instead
hand-reaching-up-through-surface-of-open-ocean-92913713-59b0038cc4124400108b3229.jpg
Go for a swim instead Zaza!! ;) :)

Lost yesterdays on Fri and thats my Sunday away now too

Another potato scone roll and coffee it is

Yesterday went ahead on a perfect surface!

Have to say, driving to the game and looking at the snow covered fields, I did have my doubts - but both pitch and game fine!

Back