A&H

It's Game day

Richard smith

As it is game day, just thought I'd pop in and wish all those out on games today, safe travels and the most enjoyable of games :):):)
Local amateur football for me Today, If the weather plays the Game :):):):)

The Referee Store
As it is game day, just thought I'd pop in and wish all those out on games today, safe travels and the most enjoyable of games :):):)
Local amateur football for me Today, If the weather plays the Game :):):):)
Freezing rain on its way for some
Quite uncommon, happens when temperature rises with altitude (inversion) 😰

Just got home from a 60 mile round trip.

Pissing down doesn't even begin to cover it. Horrific weather. Cup game too. Went into extra-time. But both teams were good sports and played good football given the conditions. 3G pitch helped though!

I was assessed, had good comments, just waiting for the official report to see if I did well enough or not. Would not want to get out in that weather ever again! :cry::cry:

Quite possibly the least I’ve ever enjoyed myself at a football game, bloody baltic. Easy game mind you and both teams were friendly

View attachment 2796
He even played with a grimace, a bit like most of the crowd since!! 3 points please PP...

Happy to oblige!

Yes he did spend the whole game throwing his hands in the air at EVERY decision against him.

Comments about our 2nd goal - laughable. Ball played through to (offside) Boro player, deflected off a QPR player on the way, but he says as he 'played' the ball he was onside - when did THAT one change? - about 10 years ago! Followed it up by saying fk, taken on the edge of the area was '25 yards away' from the offside player (who was in the box btw). IF that was the case I make the offside player in about row G behind the goal!

Priceless!

One for the cold weather clothes police - Mr Langford and his two assistants in short sleeves - fair play to them!

I got a late call to do two today. To my surprise and delight... they were both Xmas tournament finals. Futsal, different game I know...

The first thing I had to do was give out the medals and trophy to the winners of the ladies' final as the organizer had some problems.
First was the more serious, but one team went ahead and then the other game away a raft of fouls. We got to long penalties and it finished 5-0.

The other was the hobby version, a 40+ team against 18 year old mates.
The young guys were only there as they spotted a ringer in their semi final opponents. After the organizer dealt with that, they made the final.

The young guys were only thereIt was low on quality but thrilling and the youngsters won 1-3.
Which was great, until at the final whistle, just before the medals, the eliminated semi finalists told the losing finalists that the youngsters now had a ringer - poor lad he had played a few games in a division that made him ineligible - he didn't know - you can imagine the other team had spent an hour online combing all the players records!

So, the organizer had to make a few calls, but eventually the match was forfeit. Verbal abuse from those semi losers, youngsters go home tail between legs, old boys come out on top!

I got a late call to do two today. To my surprise and delight... they were both Xmas tournament finals. Futsal, different game I know...

The first thing I had to do was give out the medals and trophy to the winners of the ladies' final as the organizer had some problems.
First was the more serious, but one team went ahead and then the other game away a raft of fouls. We got to long penalties and it finished 5-0.

The other was the hobby version, a 40+ team against 18 year old mates.
The young guys were only there as they spotted a ringer in their semi final opponents. After the organizer dealt with that, they made the final.

The young guys were only thereIt was low on quality but thrilling and the youngsters won 1-3.
Which was great, until at the final whistle, just before the medals, the eliminated semi finalists told the losing finalists that the youngsters now had a ringer - poor lad he had played a few games in a division that made him ineligible - he didn't know - you can imagine the other team had spent an hour online combing all the players records!

So, the organizer had to make a few calls, but eventually the match was forfeit. Verbal abuse from those semi losers, youngsters go home tail between legs, old boys come out on top!

The beautiful game lol.

I had an odd incident today,and not just delaying the kick off because one of the team only had 7 men and no kit at ko time! Goalkeeper wasn't the regular keeper and was whinging about having to do it. In protest he basically never goes in his box and starts taking the strikers on every time he got the ball. Eventually he clearly let's a goal in which he could've saved to try and get himself removed. Manager refused to change so he just takes his gloves and shirt off and demands to be subbed. Once the substitution takes place nobody wants to go in goal and I took the captain to one side and told him that if no one volunteers then I'll make the decision for them and we'll all go home. They're going for the league so the captain runs over and puts the gloves and keeper shirt on and makes several brilliant saves in the process. Funny old game

Back