A&H

It's been a while.

andy love

Level 7 Referee
Guys and girls

Sorry you have not seen me on hear for a while, work and family taking its toll as normal!

Well my first season gone better than I expected, I joined the west devon referee academy and we had a meeting on wednesday night, the RDO for devon turned up gave a brief on HANDBALL, there are now 5 key things to take into consideration and there is an emphasis on NATURAL POSISION OF THE HANDS and proximity to the ball, does he have time to get them away or towards the ball?

It turns out that this is going to make the game much easier for use to officiate, and requires much more commen sense, ball to hand or hand to ball, players protecting there privates or face, which is a natural reaction.

No dought plays will still shout HAND BALL and have ago at you because they are blind to the laws and interpretations of the laws.

Speak to your RDO and get a brief! Or if I can find it I will post on here

That said at the end of the meeting I had a chat with the RDO and asked him if I can find out my team scores, just happens he had his laptop and I got my average there and then.

Now I have felt that I have averaged at around 60 - 65 but to my surprise I have been awarded much higher just over 78 against an average on a little over 80 for the league.

Rest assured this is my first season, so I feel great about that result, however it is not good enought and as a person who seeks profection, I will be aiming much higher next season, so long as work is not in my way.

The Referee Store
Well done, Andy. I remember when I first got a brief on handball, it was a bit of a revelation. I have previously posted this document but since you so enjoyed the idea of considerations, I thought I'd post it for you here as well. It gives you a list of things to consider for a whole host of questions. Happy reading.

Attachments

• Analysis of Match situations considerations-CSA.pdf
    232.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi Ryan and thanks, the FA have basically taken everything we use to know about handball, and made it easier very similar to that, unfortunately my RDO was only briefed on it a few weeks ago, (I believe).

However that is still a very interesting read, and the handball element is very similar albeit now a little more condensed, it's about time they start to make interpretations more understandable!

These documents have always existed, they just haven't been readily available at low levels. We only get to get trained in them at the Provincial level (one step below national). Before that, they want you to memorize the LOTG as written.

Back