A&H

Italy v Swedes

The Referee Store
3 penalty shouts in the first half as well...

Absolutely love his match control in such a tense game

1. Appeal for handball in Italy PA. I would have given it with the benefit of replay. I can see why he didn't.
2. Appeal for handball in Italy PA again. No chance.
3. Appeal for foul in the Sweden PA. I would have given it with the benefit of replay.
4. Appeal for foul in the Sweden PA. I would have given it with the benefit of replay from different angles.

I missed first half so can't comment on them but id be miffed if I was an Italian striker getting cut in half!!! Crap game and crap teams TBH!!! Made England look decent!!!

First one I think I would have given.
Second one no way, and good call booking the striker for that incredibly OTT reaction.
Third one - no way would I have given that in the moment, I'm still not 100% convinced either way even with the replays.
And last one - clear penalty IMO, although I can just about see how the referee might have missed it from his angle.

First one I think I would have given.
Second one no way, and good call booking the striker for that incredibly OTT reaction.
Third one - no way would I have given that in the moment, I'm still not 100% convinced either way even with the replays.
And last one - clear penalty IMO, although I can just about see how the referee might have missed it from his angle.

Not convinced with first 3 - in real time probably not giving any of them, but 4th one is a pen ........IF he doesn't penalise Italy player for handball first, which he does - which is debateable, but can see why he called it that way.

Back