A&H

Italian Serie B introduces Green Cards!

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Italian second division Serie B is to introduce green cards to recognise acts of sportsmanship...

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/es...green-card-good-behaviour-182606229--sow.html

Personally think it's a ridiculous idea.

I can see it already, "but ref, I deserve a green card because I didn't pull his shirt when he was clean through on goal" :confused:

Players are already "rewarded" for their behaviour by not doing something that warrants a yellow/red card! :D

Reactions: SM
The Referee Store
how does it work?

do yellow cards then out play green cards? I mean if you get a green card for admitting you dived, then you dive and play acgt and get booked - does the player also get told his green card is being recinded?

do players actually care? I feel they are like 'merits' and 'commendation' from school days ... no child actually cared if they got them or didn't?

The cards will not be handed out during matches but will be a "virtual" card given to players for positive behaviour. The cards will not be handed out during matches, as that would alter the laws of the game.
So, no waving green cards about on the pitch for now. And gaining a green card in the USA will be extremely difficult.

I haven't been able to find any info on the practical application but, like David Sutton, I note that "the cards will not be handed out during matches but will be a "virtual" card given to players for positive behaviour". Does this mean the referee issues the cards retrospectively at the end of the game? All sounds a bit ridiculous to me. I'm quite content to do my job with red and yellow.

Back