A&H

Istanbulspor v Trabzonspor

The Referee Store
An X link to the incident. Never a penalty in my opinion.

The defender #6 gets the ball and the attacker lunges into him.
does it even matter if it was a good or bad call? There have to be harsh sanctions for a pulling a team. Alas, I don’t think those sanctions will be motivated by protecting refs, but because pulling teams damages the product.

does it even matter if it was a good or bad call?
To answer that. Somewhat.

The argument is Türkiye teams suspect Referees/Football Federation are being bias and sabotaging/affecting the outcome of matches.

Some individuals caught money laundering were involved with a club in Türkiye, the Football Federation's lack of action and response to allegations of money laundering and fake reports undermines their credibility and raises concerns about their integrity.

The allegation of billions of liras of black money being laundered through a branch of sport in Türkiye raises serious concerns about corruption and accountability within the Federation.

The controversy surrounding the preference for Türkiye referees in Istanbul clubs raises concerns about fairness and impartiality in football matches.

So basically there is a strong conspiracy against them. So if the referee had made a blatant error or mistake, the pulling of players could be attributed to the lack of trust in the Türkiye Football Federation and through an absolute clouded view could be, maybe not justified but possibly understandable.

However, that isn't the case. The decision looked good to me. So just stupidity.

Will be interesting what the Türkiye Football Federation decide to do.

How does the president think this is going to end well? Foreign referees or they referee their own matches?

Got to feel sorry for the young Turkish referee, several of Istanbulspor players pleading with president to continue the match.

Probably no coincidence, bottom of the league & each week its the referees fault.

Penalty incident 4.00 minutes in, fairly innocuous challenge/collision which isn’t a penalty.

Turkish football new found respect for referees lasted a few days.

Had I been a supporter, and paid for a ticket, I would have had half a mind to confront the owner and get my money back.

To answer that. Somewhat.

The argument is Türkiye teams suspect Referees/Football Federation are being bias and sabotaging/affecting the outcome of matches.

Some individuals caught money laundering were involved with a club in Türkiye, the Football Federation's lack of action and response to allegations of money laundering and fake reports undermines their credibility and raises concerns about their integrity.

The allegation of billions of liras of black money being laundered through a branch of sport in Türkiye raises serious concerns about corruption and accountability within the Federation.

The controversy surrounding the preference for Türkiye referees in Istanbul clubs raises concerns about fairness and impartiality in football matches.

So basically there is a strong conspiracy against them. So if the referee had made a blatant error or mistake, the pulling of players could be attributed to the lack of trust in the Türkiye Football Federation and through an absolute clouded view could be, maybe not justified but possibly understandable.

However, that isn't the case. The decision looked good to me. So just stupidity.

Will be interesting what the Türkiye Football Federation decide to do.
There are allegations of financial fraud in ponzi-type investment schemes in which Turkish players and team officials etc have become embroiled but none of this involves referees, as far as I'm aware, and there have been no allegations of match-fixing that I've seen. So I'm not sure why these ongoing financial shenanigans would affect people's faith in referees or their decisions.

There are allegations of financial fraud in ponzi-type investment schemes in which Turkish players and team officials etc have become embroiled but none of this involves referees, as far as I'm aware, and there have been no allegations of match-fixing that I've seen. So I'm not sure why these ongoing financial shenanigans would affect people's faith in referees or their decisions.
I think I answer that in what you quoted.

'the pulling of players could be attributed to the lack of trust in the Türkiye Football Federation'

Süper Lig match between Istanbulspor and Trabzonspor, the Turkish Professional Football Disciplinary Board (PFDK) delivered a significant setback to the former by imposing a 3-0 forfeit defeat and deducting three crucial points from their tally.

The catalyst for this punishment was Istanbulspor's president, Ecmel Faik Sarıalioğlu, who, in the 74th minute, made the unprecedented decision to withdraw his team from the pitch.

The PFDK, unimpressed by this brazen act, declared Istanbulspor defeated and deducted three points from their tally, citing the abandonment of the ongoing match.

Sarıalioğlu himself did not escape unscathed.

The Istanbulspor president found himself on the receiving end of a 90-day suspension and a staggering fine of TL 780,000 ($26,900).

The penalties were levied against him for his actions, which were deemed a breach of accreditation instructions and unsportsmanlike behavior.

How does the president think this is going to end well? Foreign referees or they referee their own matches?

Got to feel sorry for the young Turkish referee, several of Istanbulspor players pleading with president to continue the match.

Probably no coincidence, bottom of the league & each week its the referees fault.

Penalty incident 4.00 minutes in, fairly innocuous challenge/collision which isn’t a penalty.

Turkish football new found respect for referees lasted a few days.

They had foreign refs till recently due to a corruption issue when UEFA stopped it it’s gone mad.

Back