Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

lincs22

Supply League Observer
Staff member
Observer/Tutor
Pogba £89M & Stones £45M - £134M plus agents fees?

The Referee Store
I think short term Ashley Williams will perform better than John Stones as well, plus the leadership and stability he will bring to the squad. Stones has a lot to learn.

The Pog is a risk. Didn't do a lot during the euros for me.

Time will tell though. 4 years from now 89 million might seem a bargain ;) or the end of utd.

Stones is all potential at the minute. That's a lot of money on a maybe player.

If it's true that they're paying £30 million a year though then they've done great work on the terms of business

Football transfer fees and salaries have been have got more and more obscene since the start of the Premier League era, but even in today's inflated markets the likes of City seem to have more money than sense. Nigh on £100m on Stones & Sterling! :eek::facepalm: Seriously?!!! No doubt they have potential, but neither player is anywhere near the finished article and may never will be. After Everton turned down Chelsea's £30m bid for Stones last season, his form nose dived and he seemed to struggle to hold down a regular place and yet his "value" has increased, bizarre!

As for Pogba, maybe it's just me, but I just don't get the hype. If the like's of Pogba can command a transfer of £90m, it's scary to think Barca could have got (and a team be willing to pay) for Messi had they ever decided to cash in on their star man!

Messi will apparently be the first £1billion player as his exit gets closer as each season passes.

2 things about this excite me ...

a) if Pogba is worth £89m then, taking into account age, Payet is worth a good £70m - which makes our £10.7m acquisition a complete steal! plus he loves the club and seems happy to keep playing for us.

b) If Stones is worth £49.5m then what the hell is Reece Oxford going to be worth? the guys 17, played 2 full competitive matches (and around 2 hours of bit parts in the first team) and is worth around £15m already ... judging by Stones value, Oxford will be worth Pogbas money by the time he is 20! ... that's if we sell him!

Back