A&H

IRN : USA Matchday 9 - Mateu Lahoz (ESP)

RefIADad

RefChat Addict
Match #34
Iran : United States
Tuesday, 29 November 2022
22:00 local time (14:00 EST)
Doha

Referee: Antonio MATEU LAHOZ (ESP)

AR1: Pau Cebrian Devis (ESP)
AR2: Roberto Diaz Perez del Palomar (ESP)
Fourth Official: Kevin Ortega (PER)
Fifth Official: Jesus Sanchez (PER)
VAR: Juan Martinez Munuera (ESP)
AVAR (1): Ricardo de Burgos Bengoetxea (ESP)
Offside AVAR (2): Neuza Back (BRA)
Support AVAR (3): Alejandro Hernandez Hernandez (ESP)
Stand-by Offside AVAR (4): Bruno Pires (BRA)

The Referee Store
I think for the players it's about rivalry now which was created once when the politics between the governments mattered to them. I don't think the player care about the politics at all now.

I think for the players it's about rivalry now which was created once when the politics between the governments mattered to them. I don't think the player care about the politics at all now.
There are reports in major media that Iran has threatened players' families if the players misbehave. If true, I somehow doubt the players from Iran are going to be motivated against the US by the political stuff. But I don't know that players on any team need extra motivation for what is essentially a knock out match in the WC. Seems like a game that could go a whole bunch of different ways in terms of player mindsets.

Would have done about as good a job as Lahoz so far, think there's been around two fouls so far. Looks like Iran are going to go for the 0-0, expecting loads of added time and Lahoz to become center stage around minute 75.

Edit: whoops, wrong again. Not my WC so fsr

Last edited:
Probably the quickest semi-automsted offside yet, right? Looked very close, no chance they manually drew the lines in those five seconds

Back