A&H

Interesting handball situation

The Referee Store
Not a pen. More interesting scenario would have been if he'd headed the ball back to the keeper from the floor.

Is it a deliberate trick if you've fallen on the ground and then headed it back, as opposed to voluntarily lying down? I'd say no.

Not a pen. More interesting scenario would have been if he'd headed the ball back to the keeper from the floor.

Is it a deliberate trick if you've fallen on the ground and then headed it back, as opposed to voluntarily lying down? I'd say no.
it would indeed be a very interesting scenario if he headed back to the goalkeeper. I agree it would not count as a trick since he already was on the ground trying to block the shot.

Agreed on all counts.
Handling needs to be deliberate for it to be a foul. Not deliberate if your arms go out as you fall like this - no matter what effect it has on the ball.

However, I've given plenty of fouls for DHB when the player is on the ground like this then strikes the ball with his arm.

It's always hilarious when it's a defender who grabs the ball to shout for a free kick :D:D

Back