A&H

injury's and subs

its a really difficult one as we are a step 5 club playing a step 2 club away from home, more then likely we would have gone on and won and we may not catch them cold again. Feel for their gk and can see both sides, but surely rules are rules.
Rules are indeed rules and as @Nalbi has already pointed out, if the replay has already been scheduled that means it has been done by the competent authority - which is the FA, not the referee. Referees have no jurisdiction whatsoever in deciding when, where and how a replay is to be conducted.

Again, the FA has rules setting out what should happen with abandoned matches (as shown in a couple of the posts above) and I'm not sure but it seems as if maybe you're implying that the rules have not been followed. I find it hard to imagine the FA would have just abandoned the rules and made something up off the cuff when doing so could lead to the match being ruled invalid and causing them no end of hassle. Do you have anything to suggest the rules have been broken?

The Referee Store
Sorry, overlapping posts. I'm with @PP62 on this. If, as you say, "rules are rules" and assuming those rules have been followed, how have the FA bottled it?

I can only give you my opinion, down to 10 men, no gk on bench and we were all over them, hit the bar, cleared off line ect.

Anyway we are where we are, many thanks for everyone's advice and help.

Lets see what happens on Tuesday.

Many thanks All.

@bendan, take this as a personal advice. If you are a referee, that you drop this conspiracy theory. I know that might be a bit hard when it’s the team you are supporting, but as referees we are supposedly neutral judges and likewise so are the FA to a great degree. Yes we might disagree and critique a number of their decisions and processes, but I think we find it quite hard to believe they have a bias towards a certain team over another at the level you have mentioned.

Last edited:
I'm have a feeling @bendan knows it was done within rules but more so unhappy that it worked out unfairly against his team.
I think the important thing is to have faith that if the situation was reversed, the same decision would have been reached. It might well be the case that the "standard decision" has disadvantaged the smaller team in this case, but as long as that standard decision is applied consistently, regardless of if the bigger or smaller team loses out, then it has to just be put down to bad luck rather than any conspiracy or malice.

Back