A&H

Ingerland v Tunisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
I imagine a lot of people in Sweden disagree with you strongly.

This was the first major mistake from VAR (IMO). Of course people want to can it after one mistake.
Oops! Does this not meet with your proclivity to think that VAR is the panacea for all refereeing ills?

It's a flawed idea, implemented badly, that will result in as many erroneous decisions as if it were never introduced in the first place.
No further discussion is necessary.

I imagine a lot of people in Sweden disagree with you strongly.

This was the first major mistake from VAR (IMO). Of course people want to can it after one mistake.

I think there have been a couple in fairness, but equally VAR has been used to get more decisions right than it has wrong.

But, and this is a big but, there is a problem here. I have no issue with the penalty given against England even if it was on the softer scale, and also no problem with the review saying there was no mistake and therefore not overruling it. But equally it is truly ridiculous that VAR indicate they are looking at a potential foul and then rule that there was no foul on Kane.

Can someone please clarify the VAR crew for this game?

I think there have been a couple in fairness, but equally VAR has been used to get more decisions right than it has wrong.

But, and this is a big but, there is a problem here. I have no issue with the penalty given against England even if it was on the softer scale, and also no problem with the review saying there was no mistake and therefore not overruling it. But equally it is truly ridiculous that VAR indicate they are looking at a potential foul and then rule that there was no foul on Kane.

I agree. That was a huge mistake from VAR. I don't think one mistake is a good reason to throw the system in the trash because we saw it correct a howler earlier today for Sweden. But apparently anytime I say something positive about VAR I'm just **** upon now so I'll leave it there.

VAR: Sandro Ricci (BRA)
AVAR1: Gery Vargas (BOL)
AVAR 2: Emerson de Carvalho (BRA)
AVAR 3: Tiago Bruno Lopes Martins (POR)

Thanks - shocking but not a surprise as i stated long ago that many of these officials will not be upto the standard required.

FIFA Well and truly done is up with that lot & the shower that took to the pitch.

Nice one FIFA good job we’ve got the best Striker in the world!

England getting out of jail with a terrible 2nd half performance.

But... And I hate to do this, but that was a pretty poor game for the officials. That referee was not assertive at all. Also, no idea what VAR was doing in this match. And the linesman delaying the flag to give the wrong offside decision anyway... Eh? Bad match all around to be honest.

A shame really.

Thanks - shocking but not a surprise as i stated long ago that many of these officials will not be upto the standard required.

No one ever says that about the South American refs. They're usually assumed to be on the same level as Europe. People always assume the Asian and African refs will be the weakest, but so far the Iranian and Gambian ref have put on two very strong performances.

I'm not liking the trend of referees relying on the fact VAR is their get out of jail card, I think some officials are deliberately not making a big decision because they'd rather have VAR tell them it was a pen rather than it wasn't. Just my opinion.

I'm not liking the trend of referees relying on the fact VAR is their get out of jail card, I think some officials are deliberately not making a big decision because they'd rather have VAR tell them it was a pen rather than it wasn't. Just my opinion.

Fully agree JH you get lazy & cut corners, like having neutrals at grass roots level you take your eye off the ball rely on Lino for more than usual.

Good point well made.

I think if VAR is going to not be used to review holding/rugby tackles in the box, that is fine by me but just state that is a decision that will not be reviewed by VAR and only be a CR real time decision. Personally, I think that is the way to go and the muggings on Kane should have been spotted/called in real time

Some on here are too sore on the officials. It is clear that referee are instructed not to issue cards for what they would normally. One yellow card in the whole game here. There were a number of incidents that normally result in cards yet it is clear the instructions are otherwise. Some referees struggle when the regular match control tool of cards is removed.
On the Kane penalty incident Kane places his arm across the shoulder / back of the defender as he moves which places both of them in a lock. I can see how it was not given as Kane contributes to the foul.
All in all I thought one dubious incident in 94 minutes with no complaints really was a good enough referee performance. I would say FIFA happy enough here.
If England had not won the real errors were made by Lingard 2, Stones, Sterling etc. that should have been an easy win. Instead it was hard won

Some on here are too sore on the officials. It is clear that referee are instructed not to issue cards for what they would normally. One yellow card in the whole game here. There were a number of incidents that normally result in cards yet it is clear the instructions are otherwise. Some referees struggle when the regular match control tool of cards is removed.
On the Kane penalty incident Kane places his arm across the shoulder / back of the defender as he moves which places both of them in a lock. I can see how it was not given as Kane contributes to the foul.
All in all I thought one dubious incident in 94 minutes with no complaints really was a good enough referee performance. I would say FIFA happy enough here.
If England had not won the real errors were made by Lingard 2, Stones, Sterling etc. that should have been an easy win. Instead it was hard won

You must have the memory of a goldfish then.

Ref was dictated to & was poor in his execution throughout, you say the refs are instructed not to card usual indiscretions yet the previous game saw the ref dishout 8 cautions.

I’m baffled how you get to the conclusion that Kane wasn’t dragged to the ground it happened twice, it was as clear as you will ever see.

Poor performance from the ref who showed a distinct lack of control from start to finish.

Anyway all about opinions & I respect yours even if I disagree with every single word of it.

VAR: Sandro Ricci (BRA)
AVAR1: Gery Vargas (BOL)
AVAR 2: Emerson de Carvalho (BRA)
AVAR 3: Tiago Bruno Lopes Martins (POR)

And the irony, unless I am mistaken, is that the VAR Sandro Ricci gave a penalty for holding at a corner real time in the Croatia vs Nigeria game. So he can see it real time but not on a video replay … ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back