A&H

Incident at Bridgend apparently.

The Referee Store
Followed to his changing room, abused, threatened, then assaulted?

"The matter is with the Football Association".

If even half the above is true, it should be with the police ... :rolleyes: :wtf:

Horrible! I came as close to being assaulted today by a player as I've ever been and it wasn't a pleasant experience. The flip side was the reaction and the response from the other 21 players and the management team which was actually quite heart warming.

An evening of report writing is the other downside!

• Sad
Reactions: one
Sometimes I feel the police don't look at this as "important".

Maybe what should be happening is the FA, relevant groups like RefSupport etc teaming up with MPs and getting a proper sentencing guide for anyone who abuses referees, and even other workplaces employees.

Horrible! I came as close to being assaulted today by a player as I've ever been and it wasn't a pleasant experience. The flip side was the reaction and the response from the other 21 players and the management team which was actually quite heart warming.

An evening of report writing is the other downside!
Yeah I'm fine thanks. Not going to let one individual ruin my enjoyment of spoiling other peoples Saturday afternoons!
Yeah take the positive out of this. It's the other 21 players that I keep on keeping on for.

In the US there has been a movement to have extra laws to protect sports officials that in many states, at least in theory, make it easier to convict and provide harsher penalties when sports officials are attacked.

There was a very recent incident in California where a parent ran across the field to tackle the ref. The prosecuto filed charges under the special statute.

Back