A&H

In Service Training.

Just after a little information on what to expect at the in-service training events the FA hold at regional locations for the 5-4 promotion candidates?

The Referee Store
Usually, it's a talk carried out by Neale Barry, outlining what the expectations of you are once you reach level 4 - how you should dress on arrival at games, ensuring administration is up to standard, closing dates on MOAS, etc. We then had Dan Meeson going through a couple of videos from supply and contributory league games, where we were asked to decide on the outcome of the clip (usually a red or yellow card). Once again, Dan then outlined the expectations of officiating at a higher level - if it's an orange card, they would expect you to go up to a red, rather than go down to a yellow, etc.

At some point during the night there was a LOTG exam, of only 10 questions which we had to complete - we weren't given the results on the night but were instead told that if we weren't contacted by our county FA telling us we had failed, then we should assume we had passed. That's pretty much all I can remember from it! Any other questions, let me know.

Ours was a written paper. However, at Dartford FC (where we did ours), we sat around tables with about 7 of us on each table. The questions were relatively easy from what I can remember - in some ways easier than the 7-6 and 6-5 papers!

Wow, so went along last night and 25 out of the room failed! Hopefully I'm not one of those.......anyone know how soon they get back to you if you are a failure or a success?

I attended a 5-4 meeting a couple of weeks back and i would say around 5 or 6 people turned up in tracksuits and 2 that i know of didn't turn up at all.

I attended a 5-4 meeting a couple of weeks back and i would say around 5 or 6 people turned up in tracksuits and 2 that i know of didn't turn up at all.
Hope they had closed the date....
And gave apologises. Simply not coming is the not way to impress Mr Barry.

Back