A&H

Junior/Youth In Direct Free Kick

charlie hawker

Level 9 Referee
i am quite a new ref, my second season now. A game where the goalkeeper picked up a back pass. I obviously gave the indirect free kick. I know all players have to be that curtain amount of space back but as it was a 9 a side pitch everyone was crowed. do i get them all back on the goal line (as that is how far they need to be), or should they be allowed to be spread around the ball?

I found this quite challenging considering it was the first one i gave.

The Referee Store
i am quite a new ref, my second season now. A game where the goalkeeper picked up a back pass. I obviously gave the indirect free kick. I know all players have to be that curtain amount of space back but as it was a 9 a side pitch everyone was crowed. do i get them all back on the goal line (as that is how far they need to be), or should they be allowed to be spread around the ball?

I found this quite challenging considering it was the first one i gave.
If they are going to stand between the ball and the goal, it is likely they will have to stand on the goal line, both between the posts and outside of them. If they are standing more than the required distance from the ball, then they can stand anywhere

Also, if you have to put them on the goal line because it's less than the required distance from the ball, don't let them plant one foot on the goal line and the other foot as far forwards as they can. Both feet on the goal line.

If they are going to stand between the ball and the goal, it is likely they will have to stand on the goal line, both between the posts and outside of them. If they are standing more than the required distance from the ball, then they can stand anywhere

If they are less than the required distance away then they HAVE to be between the posts, not outside them?

Why would you want to stand outside the post's? Right im gonna stop this ball going for a goal kick if he hits it off target!!! :)

Probably me but Brian's post implied that they COULD stand outside the posts if less than required distance,that's all.

Sure Brian will deny that!;)
Tired ****-up post, sorry :)

Must be between the posts or at least the required distance if standing on the goal line. Cannot be less than the required distance in any direction or must be on the goal line between the posts.

Tired ****-up post, sorry :)

Must be between the posts or at least the required distance if standing on the goal line. Cannot be less than the required distance in any direction or must be on the goal line between the posts.

Thanks Brian - what is point of that law I wonder? Poster above says you can move from goal line after ball is played but you can do that from between the posts or outside!

Back