A&H

I'm a ref, ref

My advice would be to approach a game as a non appointed official (as a player, coach, spectator) the same as what you would expect from other non appointed official if you were a referee in a game.

As a referee the only time I like to hear from a non official who says "I'm a ref" is if it's followed by something positive.

And as a spectator etc. the only time I would give advice to a referee on a game matter is if he/she asks for it which only happens if they know me otherwise it's a waste of time.

The Referee Store
No. Why did you think it might have been?

I saw the photo on Stockport Memories on Facebook. I looked on Full Time to see what games were on at the venue on Sunday morning (4 pitches there) and one of the referees there was called Ben. Don't worry, I'm not stalking you.

I don't think I've ever had a player tell me that they were a referee during a game. Maybe one or two who have mentioned it in passing before or after the game but just as part of a chat rather than trying it on.

I saw the photo on Stockport Memories on Facebook. I looked on Full Time to see what games were on at the venue on Sunday morning (4 pitches there) and one of the referees there was called Ben. Don't worry, I'm not stalking you.

I did qualify in Stockport in 1999 and was assigned games in the Stockport Junior League (I was only 15 myself at the time) i only did about 15 games before packing it in and just doing games for the younger age groups of local junior club I was playing for as I struggled with the travelling + I start3d playing mens football on Saturdays and Sundays at 16. 18 years later and I'm giving it a proper go

Back