A&H

I'll stab you

The Referee Store
You’re correct @bigcat language has changed, threats have changed. Used to be one on one, fair fight etc, now it’s the whole group thing, even the postcode in my area. Knives were never an issue back then, toe capped boots or knuckle dusters but never knives from memory!

I did not read through all of the replies but great thread. Just today in the high school varsity boys match. We had a great crew, I chose to be AR2 because these coaches are a piece of work. I work the far side. We almost had two more fights today, one was very close. Late in a game, a notorious piece of work who always gets a red or two a season, on a yellow is handing the ball back to opponents and shoves it in his face. I was on far side and did not see it very clearly and the center ref who turned away to look at another player, who is outstanding did not see it as well because it was a split second deal. I try to hear and see everything but it can and will never happen. We just work with what we see on the pitch and do out best as always.

A lad who used to play in my sons team was convicted for 15 years for the stabbing murder of someone from a rival postcode, What an absolute waste of life and a young mans former years. Lad was a great prospect at 16, got a trial for SUFC and went all Billy Big B0llocks.... He didn’t stab the victim once either! Appalling! All over a bloody postcode!

Another lad from the same team got into a fight with some Asian lads, it flared up somewhere and he was heard to say 'I’m gonna kill the f”kin P***'.
Later that night trouble flared again in Town between the same groups and he was caught on camera kicking a prone man on the ground in the head. Sadly he died too and player 2 got an aggravated murder conviction, he got 14 years!

2 lads from the same team doing time! The Team was called Sheffield Sixers!!!! Ironic!!!

Last edited:
Back