A&H

I'll stab you

Big Cat

RefChat Addict
Level 4 Referee
Had this alleged to have been said between opponents in two out of my last three OA games. Although completely out of my earshot, I happened to believe the allegations.
The C word is used so commonly, that I'm cautioning for AA. In certain areas down south, this word is just common language and no longer has the impact that it once did.
I haven't had any other match control problems, with games reaching an otherwise uneventful outcome, but i despair at such problems in society. In my day, we kicked each other up in the air occasionally, but this other nonsense just didn't happen

The Referee Store
Had it once in a career, pub team v a Somali team, I'll let you guess who said it!!!

You're right BC, we sorted it on the pitch!!! By left hook or by crook!!!

It's a shame that I'm not hearing these things. I'm not in the wrong place, it's just that we can't hear everything
Last week, again out of earshot, a player called some female spectators 'slags'. I'm missing out on the pleasure of giving them what they deserve
As for opponents calling one another c***s, there's simply no reaction from anyone, truly normalised

Had it once in a career, pub team v a Somali team, I'll let you guess who said it!!!

You're right BC, we sorted it on the pitch!!! By left hook or by crook!!!
Genuinely don’t know who said it but in really hoping it wasn’t the Somali team so subtle discrimination can be avoided on here ....

It's a shame that I'm not hearing these things. I'm not in the wrong place, it's just that we can't hear everything
Last week, again out of earshot, a player called some female spectators 'slags'. I'm missing out on the pleasure of giving them what they deserve
As for opponents calling one another c***s, there's simply no reaction from anyone, truly normalised
Horrible feeling missing something which could have had a card shoved up someone’s nose. I always find myself a little bit distracted for the next few minutes after being told as I’m trying to focus on one individual and see what’s said after ....

Genuinely don’t know who said it but in really hoping it wasn’t the Somali team so subtle discrimination can be avoided on here ....

I didn't name them for that exact type of comment that seems to come from 'bury head in sanders'!!! There were reds and yellows for both teams, one team threatened to stab the other team...... Dem were the facts!!! All was reported accordingly!!

I didn't name them for that exact type of comment that seems to come from 'bury head in sanders'!!! There were reds and yellows for both teams, one team threatened to stab the other team...... Dem were the facts!!! All was reported accordingly!!
I’m not even sure you know how you’ve just discriminated against a particular race so probably best not to go down this path

I’m not even sure you know how you’ve just discriminated against a particular race so probably best not to go down this path
No way, no discrimination whatsoever, baffled by your attitude. I did my job, reports, the lot, I let the FA sort it out. Why tread on eggshells, I’ve had many sh1tty teams, black, white, yellow, absolutely don’t care their race, creed, colour, sexuality. Geez, get a grip!

No way, no discrimination whatsoever, baffled by your attitude. I did my job, reports, the lot, I let the FA sort it out. Why tread on eggshells, I’ve had many sh1tty teams, black, white, yellow, absolutely don’t care their race, creed, colour, sexuality. Geez, get a grip!
I’m not suggesting your were in way influenced on the pitch or in the reports by the FA by any of the above.

Standard practice on this forum is to label teams by kit colour. You, for whatever reason, have decided to point out that one team was Somalian and said ‘I’ll let you guess which team said it’, implying it was them. A fact would be ‘The Somalian team theatend to stab them’ and that wouldn’t be discrimination. Implication that the Somalian team said it based on race alone (as that’s the only information you provided), is discrimination.

I intentionally didn’t say who did what so it clearly not discriminatory, maybe you’ve come to your own conclusion? That’s your issue not mine!

I intentionally didn’t say who did what so it clearly not discriminatory, maybe you’ve come to your own conclusion? That’s your issue not mine!
Well just for future reference as it may aid you to know, stating the fact isn’t discrimination

Well just for future reference as it may aid you to know, stating the fact isn’t discrimination
Thank you for your input, I'll file that advice in a suitable place!!

The other one that used to get me was 'Snap him', heard it in a junior game from a coach, next stoppage in play, I pulled a right strip off him. Shocking phrase!!

Horrible feeling missing something which could have had a card shoved up someone’s nose. I always find myself a little bit distracted for the next few minutes after being told as I’m trying to focus on one individual and see what’s said after ....
I agree. I got told in my game with my first red that when I sent off the player, their keeper called me a ‘f-ing C***’. I really wish I heard that...

Thank you for your input, I'll file that advice in a suitable place!!

The other one that used to get me was 'Snap him', heard it in a junior game from a coach, next stoppage in play, I pulled a right strip off him. Shocking phrase!!
I gave an u12 player his final warning for shouting ‘break his legs next time just do something’ (something like that). Probably should’ve booked him but a booking came fairly quickly after anyway after he kicked the ball away

What a load of ********, your 'guess which team said that' is exactly that. And you know very well you're stereotyping. At least have the spine to stand by your racism.
I gave an u12 player his final warning for shouting ‘break his legs next time just do something’ (something like that). Probably should’ve booked him but a booking came fairly quickly after anyway after he kicked the ball away
I think that's fair.....that sort of comment is less serious than 'I'll break your legs next time". Warrants attention certainly.

The C word is used so commonly, that I'm cautioning for AA. In certain areas down south, this word is just common language and no longer has the impact that it once did.

Tend to agree there. I don't even think I've necessarily carded for that myself.....

Wrong to make allegations of racism based on stuff said in this thread. Very easy to misinterpret someone's meaning from the vaguarity of forum posts. Is it prejudice of me to not mention the ethnicity of the two perpetrators in my OP, or would it be racist of me to start talking about the statistics of knife crime in the South East?
What is relevant, is that kids these days are using language towards one another which is disgraceful. If i hear something like the 'stab you' comment, i'll take pleasure in binning the player with an accompanying Extraordinary Report

Last edited:
Back