A&H

Iceland v Hungary

GraemeS

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Anyone else watching this one? The Russian referee in this one has some very strange mannerisms - including trying to "force push" players out of the PA during the (incorrectly awarded) PK and a very aggressive way of giving a YC, which involved getting in the players face before even reaching for the card.

The Referee Store
I don't understand the comments everywhere about it not being a penalty? Yes the one player fell over the keeper and wasn't a foul but what about the trip by the defender 2 seconds later? Definite penalty

I don't understand the comments everywhere about it not being a penalty? Yes the one player fell over the keeper and wasn't a foul but what about the trip by the defender 2 seconds later? Definite penalty
I believe that's what the penalty was actually given for (certainly the BBC commentators/pundits seemed to think so), but I don't think it should have been given. The two players made almost no contact - and any contact they did make was initiated by the Icelandic player IMO.

Anyone else watching this one? The Russian referee in this one has some very strange mannerisms - including trying to "force push" players out of the PA during the (incorrectly awarded) PK and a very aggressive way of giving a YC, which involved getting in the players face before even reaching for the card.

I think this last week or so has shown us that Russians are a bit of an aggressive breed..... ;)

I think this last week or so has shown us that Russians are a bit of an aggressive breed..... ;)
As someone whose last job involved spending 50% of my working time in Moscow ... I concur :).

Though, to be fair, if you spent half your life in sub zero temperatures, with terrible infrastructure and traffic, an overbearing government and a life expectancy 15 years less than other developed countries ... you might get the hump as well :rolleyes:

As someone whose last job involved spending 50% of my working time in Moscow ... I concur :).

Though, to be fair, if you spent half your life in sub zero temperatures, with terrible infrastructure and traffic, an overbearing government and a life expectancy 15 years less than other developed countries ... you might get the hump as well :rolleyes:

Fair point, well presented. :D

Back