A&H

Iber Cup 2014

The Referee Store
There are a few ways.

Firstly you can travel as an independent referee. You would need to contact Daniel Curcio who is a member of this forum or check out his posts to see the links to where to apply. You will need to talk to your County FA so they can apply for international clearance on your behalf. If you search Facebook for Tournaments Abroad you should find the relevant page as well.

Secondly you can talk to your local Referees Association as they may be looking to take a group to a tournament (this is how I am travelling). They may have some sponsor money which could contribute towards the trip. In my case my RA have provided kit badged up with their badge and the name of the tournament. I have paid for my flights, my train tickets, the extra nights in the hotel (the tournament nights are paid for by the organisers) and my spending money. The RA made the application for international clearance on my behalf. We have 4 RAs in my County who are sending referees to tournaments in the close season. Most involve flying (Dubai, Spain, Portugal) but another has stayed within the UK and involves road trips to Bolton and Cardiff.

Thirdly if you are involved with your County FA's School of Excellence or Academy, they may send a group. The arrangements for funding, clearance, etc. are similar to the RA trip.

I'm waiting on Int. Clearance from the Welsh FA, might not get it in time so might have to book ahead and hope I don't get refused clearance. Don't see a reason why I would get refused though

I'm waiting on Int. Clearance from the Welsh FA, might not get it in time so might have to book ahead and hope I don't get refused clearance. Don't see a reason why I would get refused though
You shouldnt do! I had no problems getting mine.

Problem is that the national refs officer for Wales is on annual leave until June 24th so I've had to ask someone else who will contact him for me. I don't think I can justify it as an emergency and text him.

EDIT: I've had an email saying I need to WWFA approval and everything will be good from there by the sound of it.

Last edited:
Clearance has been received! Now to book everything tomorrow hopefully and go from there! :)

EDIT: Booking tonight and I am 99% sure I will be attending!

Last edited:
Thought this was interesting - The breakdown of referees nationalities for the Iber cup in Estoril!
10422459_324403104379160_5140567788699153643_n.png

Back