A&H

I thought the 'snood' was banned.

The Referee Store
They are, so not sure whats going on here. Also, the red goalkeeper is wearing tape that isn't the correct colour. MAybe the referee was flustered? :p

I couldn't see anyone wearing a snood on those photos - it must be my eyesight :oops:

Interesting that they've also got away with having undershirt sleeves a different colour too

The ref looks a hardy soul though, wearing short sleeves in that weather!

Ref Groupie, it's the second set of photos I was referring to VfL Bochum 2 DJK Arminia Ibbenburen 0. They've added a new report to this site since!

I'm not having a go at the ref here, as MattyontheWhistle says, it looks bloody cold. Maybe the ref thought bugger this for a game of soldiers (or the German equivalent) these are frauleins, it's cold, I'll deal with the FA complaints later!

Pedantry alert!!!! :D

They're not snoods but gaiters, a sort of tube scarf. Not expressly forbidden in the LoTG yet, but won't be long I'm sure.

hmmmmm...as our pre-season is about to start in the next few weeks, and it's 25 degrees at the moment (9:00am) can you please explain the difference so that I know? lol

Be careful tealeaf, or you will get a rep for being Fashionista and we will all come to you for advice on whether we should use Gucci or Prada kitbags, or perhaps Versace for post-match etc etc :D

I have to bite Matty... :D

Snoods were like a zip up fleece with long neck. The gaiter is used by hill climbers and walkers and even motor cyclists. Some even resemble the turtle neck of Under Armour.

As for your second part as a Crown Servant I couldn't possibly make a recommendation as I must remain impartial and not be seen to favour one compnay over another! :lol:

Back