Hull vs Arsenal - interesting 'offside'

Was he right to flag offside?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

frank_ref

Have a look at the BBC highlights - very first clip is a fun scramble in the Arsenal box. Lino flags an offside midway through - just before Hull score - but I'm thinking he's got it wrong.

What say you?

The Referee Store
Terrible decision, never seen ouwt as bad in all my life! :mad:

Taking my supporters head off, I was sat opposite the assistant and was right in line with it and even I said offside at the same time. Looking back I think he's made an attempt to get the ball and after the guidance issued at the start of the season I'd still support Darren Cann on this one, Offside.

offside . attacker went to towards the ball and only stopped when he saw his colleague going to the ball .

I'm with bloovee on this one. I don't see an offside offence from any of the offside-positioned players. I think the AR was partially unsighted (there were a lot of players milling around in the box), got confused and thought the player who ended up playing the ball was one of those who had been in an offside position when the initial shot came in. Either that or he thought the PIOP was going to get closer to the ball than he did and flagged too early.

Last edited:
it all happened so quick. the player that got the ball came round the back on far side. Can still see why he gave offside

Back