A&H

Hull City vs. Manchester City

What should it have been?

• Total voters

Southend-ref

Southend United Supporter
Level 6 Referee
Thoughts on the Vincent Kompany red card? He definitely fouled him, but was Kompany fouled first?

The Referee Store
With the benefit of the replay, it's a foul on Kompany first. Looks like Jelavic puts weight on his shoulder. But easy to see why the ref would miss that. Apart from that, correct decision. ;-)

Presumably even if the FA decide that it should have been a Man City free kick the red card cannot be overturned as it would be considered a separate incident.

Foul on Vinny first for me, but having said that, he didn't need to make the challenge that led to the RC.

Lee Mason had a shocker today though. Only booked Elmohamady for a potential leg breaker on Silva and then missed the disgusting behaviour of George Boyd. For those who haven't seen it, he spat at Hart after he'd dived and not got a penalty, I was right behind it in the away end and it's one of the worst dives I've seen for a while.

As Southend-ref said, I don't think it'll be overturned because it was technically a seperate incident.

Did he definitely purposefully spit? Or is it possible he was saying a word that began with "p"?

Every time I watch a Premier League game these days I think, pah, I could do better than that. Also, I'm a damn sight better looking than Lee Mason, which is perhaps even more important than ability. The FA need to switch on: there are literally billions of female referee fans crying out for the next Benny Harvey (God rest his soul).

Last edited:
Did he definitely purposefully spit? Or is it possible he was saying a word that began with "p"?

He purposefully spat. Absolutely disgusting and hopefully the FA will take action.

On topic, for me Kompany was 100% fouled first. After watching the replay a few times I think Jelavic goes down a bit easy after the tugging from Kompany but he has every right to I suppose and if the referee is giving the foul then no choice but a red.

Back