A&H

HUD v FOR

Joshref

I’m gutted to not be at Wembley watching the Terriers but we finally have a big moment in this match.

Are we thinking pen? Was Moss right to book for simulation?

The Referee Store
Yeh it’s a pen for me. Maybe not a clear and obvious error to overturn though. Moss has had a mare booking him for simulation however in my opinion.

Think whatever Moss gave, VAR was backing it up. Neither clear and obvious enough in either way

AND ANOTHER PENALTY APPEAL FOR TOWN. Anywhere else on the pitch that’s a pen in my opinion. Huddersfield gonna feel unlucky I think

Moss and/or VAR have taken the udders out of Huddersfield
Seriously though, they're both PKs IMHO and The Terriors will be dismayed

Last edited:
EFL saying 2nd PK wasn't given as forward didn't have full control of the ball. Whether it ought to have been given or not, that excuse is embarrassing

Last edited:
I was waiting for the splash on the first one. If it’s a foul and a trip, straight over and down.

Leap up in the air, limbs flailing, that’s a caution for me.

And like another poster on here, my views on a particular issue here (Moss) are well known. But a stopped clock is right twice a day so it was going to happen I agree with him eventually.

Still shouldn’t have had the game mind you.

Second one is an easy PK, although Moss was obscured. First one I didn't see the contact and the way he goes flying often indicates a dive. That one is probably not clear and obvious, second one really is obviously wrong.

For me it’s not simulation but also not a penalty
I know where you're coming from with that. I think this is the kind of incident though where if the decision was play on (ie no simulation) then people would say "surely it's a dive then if it's not a penalty".

The one thing I'm sure of with this is that it's definitely not a penalty for me. I could probably agree with simulation or play on, but I don't see anything to give a foul against the defender.

Forest fan here.

Thought the first was a pen real time, but looks like a good decision - think if Moss had given it, it would have been upheld.

Second one, for me it was a penalty.

Very happy tonight though!

Also thought the simulation yellow was the right call, but had a pen been given I wouldn’t overturn it as VAR.

The first is a FT Simple
But the Terrior also cheats unnecessarily, so my sympathy is limited. The second is a PK but it boils down to the quagmire of clear and obvious mirk that will always hype the controversy rather than resolve it. Even Colback has admitted he expected VAR to give the first one... but we've been here before a thousand times
Sentimental appoiintment putting Moss on the game. Game made for VAR.... according to the propaganda

Last edited:
Back