A&H

HUD - LEI

So you say the foul is "hand on on the shoulder + sanding on ... leg". So does that mean each of those two parts are fouls or only if together they become a foul? Standing on leg is no doubt a foul for me (with or without hand on the shoulder). I am trying to figure out what does "hand on the shoulder" have to do with anything and why you should mention it in the context of a foul?
You're taking it too literally, I never say the act of a hand on a shoulder is intrinsically a foul. It is very clear that a foul takes place, predominantly by standing on the attacker's trailing leg, the only other contact is a hand on the shoulder which may or may not have contributed to the foul. I mentioned this because it is clear that in no way is the attacker attempting to play the ball.
"no opportunity to play the ball for me" in your post I am guessing is only a reference to make it DOGSO once you have already established a foul. By the way this reasoning is no longer used in LOTG but I forgive you for using old reasoning on this occasion :p:D
This is simply a misquoting of: "the offender is cautioned if the offence
was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling,
pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off."
So is very much so a reference to the current laws;)

The Referee Store
The way it is going, we might have a rewrite of that section because no one seems to be applying it! :p

I stand corrected on "no possibility to play the ball". I thought it had been removed. The point still stands on other non-LOTG words to justify an offence when there are perfectly good one to use from the LOTG.

Back