A&H

How?

The Referee Store
Well EPL correctness was 82% pre VAR

its 94% now

92% of Euro 2020 cals correct.....

huge benefit
Respect for refs? Benefits to football as a whole? I had a insult referencing VAR directed at me from a players parent. Weird one.

Respect for refs? Benefits to football as a whole? I had a insult referencing VAR directed at me from a players parent. Weird one.

Thats on the parent and their own ignorance!

You are kinda right though, it has no impact on grass roots, so until one is promoted to a level its utilised at, its not worth losing any sleep over,

How are rule changes ratified? What rules can national FA's change?
Law changes are ratified by the IFAB at their Annual General Meeting (AGM).

National FA's cannot change any laws - they can only propose them for possible IFAB consideration.

The four home country FA's, being members of the IFAB, can propose them directly. Other FA's would have to go through a submission process to get any proposals put before the IFAB.

Law changes are ratified by the IFAB at their Annual General Meeting (AGM).

National FA's cannot change any laws - they can only propose them for possible IFAB consideration.

The four home country FA's, being members of the IFAB, can propose them directly. Other FA's would have to go through a submission process to get any proposals put before the IFAB.
Thanks all. Read links etc.
As that states, there are "organisational areas" which National FA's can modify (and which are laid down by the IFAB as being modifiable) but I'm pretty certain that wasn't the drift of the OP's question.

It was asking about actual law changes - how they are ratified and who can make them, which is a different matter.
I was interested in the how.

Back