A&H

How often have you been assessed?

DaveMac

RefChat Addict
Level 7 Referee
Just wondering even if you're not going for promotion how often are you assessed. Also during your first 6 games were all of these assessed.

The Referee Store
Second 7-6 assessment today

Assessor let me know 1 minute before kick off which, in the general scheme of things, was better than days in advance

L7, 8 and 9 you will not be assessed, but mentored so that you can develop your game.

At L7 & 6 yu would only be assessed if you were going for promotion, or as a 6 if for some reason there wer contonious reports of you be unsatisfactory at which you'd probably know about ti, but still, would be more of a mentoring session than assessment.

At 5, promotion and possibly as a general information.

4 upwards, both as part of propomotion plus for continual assessment of your progress and development ya de ya.

In general there are not enough assesors (as most are still refs themselves) to be looking at those who are jogging along or staying at a level.

Some of us on propmotion dont get the three we need - as we need them!

If you WANT to have some one to watch you and ask for feedback, then ask for a mentor. Lots of people act as such, and although might not be there to watch evey game they should be there for a call or emails post game, maybe meet ups mid week, always there for questions comments etc.

so in answer to the OP
Just wondering even if you're not going for promotion how often are you assessed. Also during your first 6 games were all of these assessed.
never nd you won't.

I've never a mentor or anything like that. However a ref friend of mine we catch up with each other and watch each other now and then and generally try and offer each other advice.

I'm going for the Welsh 3B (Or English 5) and I've had 2 big games thus far and had 2 assessments with marks of 8.0 and 8.2

Although I live in Doncaster, I passed the course in London through the London FA. The instructor (Patrick Jones) was brilliant IMHO and the London FA very helpful. After qualifying, I transferred my parent county to Sheffield and Hallam to complete my 6 games and I've received very little/next to nothing in way of mentoring or assessments. That still remains the case today. Next year I will be going for promotion to L6 and I dread to think what the process will turnout like.

For feedback, I ask other referees but it's usually when I'm assisting them. My only other measurement is when I get awarded league cup semi-finals, finals and play off matches. I assume these are a meritocracy and given for excellent marks and therefore, I believe I'm doing okay. I'm hoping the local RA will be a source of help and guidance this season.

After a game, the less comment I hear about me the better, but feedback would be nice from someone I can trust in and knows what they're talking about.

Although I live in Doncaster, I passed the course in London through the London FA. The instructor (Patrick Jones) was brilliant IMHO and the London FA very helpful. After qualifying, I transferred my parent county to Sheffield and Hallam to complete my 6 games and I've received very little/next to nothing in way of mentoring or assessments. That still remains the case today. Next year I will be going for promotion to L6 and I dread to think what the process will turnout like.

For feedback, I ask other referees but it's usually when I'm assisting them. My only other measurement is when I get awarded league cup semi-finals, finals and play off matches. I assume these are a meritocracy and given for excellent marks and therefore, I believe I'm doing okay. I'm hoping the local RA will be a source of help and guidance this season.

After a game, the less comment I hear about me the better, but feedback would be nice from someone I can trust in and knows what they're talking about.
See my PM about Donny RA.

In general there are not enough assesors (as most are still refs themselves) to be looking at those who are jogging along or staying at a level.

And the County FA's don't have the available funds for assessments they don't have to do. All refs dept have a budget and spend on the promotion / developing the academy referees rather than those staying at a level.

DavidMac - if you don't want to progress, you will not be assessed by the County. You best hope is to ask in your local RA for somebody to help you.

Back