A&H

Hot and eventful Sunday!

My first ever open age league fixture yesterday, 10 mins to go, ambulance called! Not for any of the players, staff or officials though but for a very unfortunate lady that was walking past behind the goal as a lad absolutely leathered a volley a couple of feet wide of the post. Hit the lady straight in the side of the face.

I really shouldn't, but I've read this a few times now, and the mental image is superb, I can't help but laugh every time.

I hope she was OK?

The Referee Store
I really shouldn't, but I've read this a few times now, and the mental image is superb, I can't help but laugh every time.

I hope she was OK?

To be honest, she wasn't in a great way! swollen cheek and was still laying on the floor when I left, but with two paramedics at her side, home manager said 'she would be ok' before I went.

Bloody hell - another ambulance last night. Spectator had a heart attack mid first half. Ambulance had to use the pitch during HT/20 minutes into second half.

Apparently he is okay thankfully.
You didn’t get a decision right then Matt to make him croak? 🤔😂

Had an incident when my younger brother who was 9 at the time tripped over a bobble in the pitch and broke his arm in two places was screaming in agony was a bit stuck as what to do as was running line in cup semi final. Had to ask the ref to stop the game for a few mins until a family member turned up and when in the ambulance with him off to a and e. Couldn’t think straight for the rest of the game thankfully was fine. When I think back was actually quite funny as was my first game on the line and in a derby as well so what a time for it to happen!

Did the attacker get the red card as well as broken legs?

No. Young, and inexperienced and with everyone concerns about the two players in question it seemed the wisest course of action was to call it there and then

Back