A&H

Has anyone here played it or refereed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have applied to do it. I applied last year and was let down as the corse was blown up due to lack of numbers.

Fingers crossed

The Referee Store
Yay, got a place on the course.

Will now just have to hope that it doesn't get 'blown up' :rolleyes:

really awesome thing to do

we did a course run by the CFA. Then did a practical element and got a pass and became futsal referees.
it was good fun to work in a team of 4 and its a new environment and it is a bit of a break once every so often to try something new and to enjoy it.
not much different to football rules in terms of misconduct and rules i.e dogsos and goals.

I have applied to do it. I applied last year and was let down as the corse was blown up due to lack of numbers.

Fingers crossed

irony of ironies, course heavily oversubscribed so priority given to those living nearest the venue - unfortunately that wasn't me. still , may be another course closer to home at the end of the season

i had a look through the info about Futsal on the F.A. website with a view to taking the referees course (tempted by the prospect of refereeing indoors)

anyone here care to add any info, useful or otherwise

i had a look through the info about Futsal on the F.A. website with a view to taking the referees course (tempted by the prospect of refereeing indoors)

anyone here care to add any info, useful or otherwise
hi, i have refereed futsal for 3 years. I have to admit that futsal is harder than football in terms of mentality and concentration. I love this sport because is pretty fast and the players can dribble and control the ball spectacularly. Honestly you have to try it, it worth it!

Last edited:
I refereed it, and I found I had more problems in about 2 years of futsal than 15 years of outdoor. Copped more pushes myself, and more extreme, over-the-top abuse. Just wasn't worth it in the end.
The problem with Futsal, at least in Melbourne, is that players have no accountability. Unlike outdoor, nothing happens to players who have done the wrong thing. Worst case scenario, they get banned from the centre so they play at the next one down the road. So even less respect than outdoor coupled with no accountability is a big problem.
The higher levels are fine, but it's the low grade, Tuesday night social stuff that was the real problem. Which is a shame because the game's a lot of fun to referee.
It can take a little bit of getting used to - for one, unlike outdoor, the player giving you a hard time is never more than 20 metres from you, so it does change how you have to manage the players. Two, it's viewing fouls - it's always a much more crowded space and you're limited to a side-on view, so it can take a bit of getting used to spotting the fouls in this environment.

The other nuisance is all the unwritten centre rules....I'd referee at one centre and apparently 'tackles from behind' are normally disallowed, as I'd find out when some bloke yells at me after somebody cleanly took the ball from behind. Go to another, players expect all instances of playing from the ground to be penalised, even when there's no risk. Stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back