A&H

Handball - VAR

Simon Jordan summed it up quite well today, and just said managers and players need to stop bleating as whatever the handball law is people will be annoyed with it. If a previous law was in place last night that meant that Zemura's handling wasn't an offence then West Ham would have been moaning that it was a clear handball. And if that had happened at the other end I am sure AFC Bournemouth would have been demanding a penalty.

There's also gross hypocrisy on the accidental handling. When the law was changed to say that if accidental handling led to a goal, and it led to a spate of goals being disallowed due to the ball brushing off someone's arm in the build up, players, managers, pundits, the media, etc, were all bemoaning how ridiculous and unfair it was. Now the law has been changed so that it has to immediate lead to a goal, and the same people are bleating that it is unfair and that accidental handling that isn't immediately before a goal should be penalised.

Surprised there hasn't been talk about Lerma's tackle, a real shocker this and very lucky not to injure Scamacca, clear red for me.

I'm going to sympathise with the ref here. Guilty of missing a similar challenge couple of months back 🙈🙈🙈
I however didn't have a VAR and only saw it a day later!!

The Referee Store
Back