A&H

Handbags at Dawn

The Referee Store
I love that after the third guy goes to ground you can see the referee just shaking his head
Unfortunately that is what the game has become players going over at the slightest touch to try and get their opponents sent off most likely

I had a team of u9s do that, plus shirt pull with every challenge. I tried to get as close as I could to see if contact was even happening, I left bodies, and I made every one that I stopped play for leave thd FoP.

Daft thing was the coach just didn’t want to come on... he just shook his head. Can’t believe kids learn this stuff.

Why not send them both off for violent conduct? I dont get it... referee does not have the balls to enforce the laws. If someone pushes someone so hard to knock them to the ground after the whistle has blown, thats a red card for me all day long.

I love that after the third guy goes to ground you can see the referee just shaking his head
Sorry but I don't. He is in charge. Three simulations there and all he has done is shake his head. We have the power to stop this and unfortunately as long as top flight referees choose to 'manage' this rubbish (albeit due to pressure from above) us grassroot referees have no chance.

Sorry but I don't. He is in charge. Three simulations there and all he has done is shake his head. We have the power to stop this and unfortunately as long as top flight referees choose to 'manage' this rubbish (albeit due to pressure from above) us grassroot referees have no chance.
Let’s be honest now, if that happened in a game you were refereeing you wouldn’t have booked any of those players for simulation especially after being on a receiving end of a push, albeit a very weak push

Let’s be honest now, if that happened in a game you were refereeing you wouldn’t have booked any of those players for simulation especially after being on a receiving end of a push, albeit a very weak push
Precisely the point I am making. I would have wanted to but would have been crucified for it if I did, by players, my FA and my RA (I would have done more than just a shake of the head though). As I said, it has to start at the top before us lowly referees have a chance.

Precisely the point I am making. I would have wanted to but would have been crucified for it if I did, by players, my FA and my RA (I would have done more than just a shake of the head though). As I said, it has to start at the top before us lowly referees have a chance.
I’m not sure I agree. Referee your own games as you’ve been taught in line with the LOTG and don’t worry about what happens at the top and the consequences on pitch . They almost turn a blind eye to dissent but at grassroots referees (correctly) seem a lot stricter.

I’m not sure I agree. Referee your own games as you’ve been taught in line with the LOTG and don’t worry about what happens at the top and the consequences on pitch . They almost turn a blind eye to dissent but at grassroots referees (correctly) seem a lot stricter.
Good advice. Do you think there was simulation there? And what would have you done?

1555924330137.png
1555924366737.png

Good advice. Do you think there was simulation there? And what would have you done?

View attachment 3423
View attachment 3424
Based on those descriptions... I could argue no for both. The action did happen so it’s definitely not simulation. Maybe it was an attempt to deceive based on exaggeration but by falling over from a push, would the referee be then making an incorrect decision? The action from the offender is still the same

Based on those descriptions... I could argue no for both. The action did happen so it’s definitely not simulation. Maybe it was an attempt to deceive based on exaggeration but by falling over from a push, would the referee be then making an incorrect decision? The action from the offender is still the same

I suggest your understanding of the quotes is either not accurate or influenced by this debate. This is deceiving and in this case it means simulation. Both (or it is three?) acts are clearly to get the referee to sanction the opponent. There is absolutely no reason to fall and roll and super exaggeration the small push. The fact that the referee did not do what they were deceiving him to do is irrelevant. It is a mandatory sanction.

I suggest your understanding of the quotes is either not accurate or influenced by this debate. This is deceiving and in this case it means simulation. Both (or it is three?) acts are clearly to get the referee to sanction the opponent. There is absolutely no reason to fall and roll and super exaggeration the small push. The fact that the referee did not do what they were deceiving him to do is irrelevant. It is a mandatory sanction.
But the player was indeed pushed, so even if they go to ground it hasn’t ‘deceived’ the referee. It’s the same as a player rolling around screaming after being on the receiving end of a tackle, just to get up 5 seconds later. The act has happened, they’ve not tricked anyone. It’s pathetic and exaggerated yes, but they haven’t deceived anyone.

Would we be booking Mo Salah for throwing his arms up in the air and going to ground yesterday against Cardiff, even though he was grappled? Again, exaggerated the fall but there was still an offence

But the player was indeed pushed, so even if they go to ground it hasn’t ‘deceived’ the referee. It’s the same as a player rolling around screaming after being on the receiving end of a tackle, just to get up 5 seconds later. The act has happened, they’ve not tricked anyone. It’s pathetic and exaggerated yes, but they haven’t deceived anyone.

Would we be booking Mo Salah for throwing his arms up in the air and going to ground yesterday against Cardiff, even though he was grappled? Again, exaggerated the fall but there was still an offence
It's the attempt to deceive that needs a yellow card. It doesn't make sense to say the referee has to yellow card the player if he has been deceived. If he is deceived then by definition he won't know he has been deceived :)

In the case of Mo, his intent was to get the referee to give him a penalty which the referee did (correct decision). If he then started rolling around hold his face (or anything else to get the referee to send off the opponent) then that would be attempting deceive. Or if it was not a penalty and Mo did that then that would also be attempting deceive.

Anyway it seems we have a different understanding of what simulation/deceiving is. I am confident of mine as I think you are of yours. But I suggest have think about it (as would I).

I pulled the arm of my 7 year old boy recently and he threw himself to the ground screaming like some sort of child abuse had occurred. Without doubt, he was copying the behaviour of these morons on TV
Does FIFA care about this? Not as long as the conveyor belt keeps delivering the big bucks
We want to stamp down on this at grass roots, but we can't make a dent because it has to come from the top
Simulation, or just deeply embarrassing behaviour? It matters not

Back