A&H

Hand ball? Portugal V Serbia

Must admit, I'm somewhat fatigued with these HB debates. I'm in the deliberate brigade, but we only have a few months left to enjoy the good old days. From next season, this is nailed on HB :(

The Referee Store
Must admit, I'm somewhat fatigued with these HB debates. I'm in the deliberate brigade, but we only have a few months left to enjoy the good old days. From next season, this is nailed on HB :(

Next time a player appeals for a handball penalty, tell him that it's not handball today but next year it will be and then jog away, leaving a ****storm behind you 😂

Apparently two man rugby tackles are allowed too... The VAR in Russia waved them through too..... good luck chaps!!

You all need to have a hard look at yourselves.....never handball. Nothing deliberate about it...play on
Okay, so how are you permitting a defender to run up to an attack that's about to head the ball then deliberately stick his arm out in the likely path of the headed ball? You're in favour of rugby-style chargedowns?

I think the convicts are struggling with the concept and want to reinvent it and claim it as theirs... a bit like Aussie Rules!!!

Here are two snaps. Just before the header and the moment of HB. Can a person who says this is not DHB explain to me what is his hand doing there? Can anyone argue this is not hand to ball?

1553641579416.png

1553641618830.png

Most deliberate handballs are instinctive (they don't have much time to think about it) but that does not make them not deliberate.

Here are two snaps. Just before the header and the moment of HB. Can a person who says this is not DHB explain to me what is his hand doing there? Can anyone argue this is not hand to ball?

View attachment 3321

View attachment 3322

Most deliberate handballs are instinctive (they don't have much time to think about it) but that does not make them not deliberate.
It does if you read the considerations about the original position of the arm and unexpected ball stuff.

It does if you read the considerations about the original position of the arm and unexpected ball stuff.
The same consideration that says position of the hand may or may not be important says hand to ball is important. The two images and the clip clearly show it is hand to ball.

And how is this unexpected. It is so clear that the attacker is going to head the ball in that general direction and the defender is looking right at it. Defenders in my Sunday league can read that. This guy is an international defender.

Back