A&H

Hail

Ian Mitchell

Level 5 Referee
Did anyone experience severe weather this weekend? I was running the line on Saturday afternoon and had to put my spare hand and arm over my head at one point to protect it from some rather sharp hailstones. The ref finally stopped the play about 10 seconds later and we all dashed for cover - I ended up in the home team's dugout! :eek:

The Referee Store
yes i also had to use my hand to cover the sun light shining at me on sunday afternoon whilst on the line! could barely see anything! :D warm as well (for once)

Well it was raining quite heavy whilst I was at work!

Have only had to suspend a game once due to hail. They were the size of golf balls, and typically I was on the furthest pitch away from the changing rooms. By the time we'd all got back there, it'd stopped!

I had a game back in March when one day it decided to hail for a good 10 minutes but I did not hault play and we got on with it

speaking of man up juice, i had to abandon(!) a cup game the other week due to hail. never seen a storm like it, pelted down hail like it was armageddon for about 30 minutes. my game and the county cup game on the next pitch had to stop and run for cover, after which the 2/3 inches of ice had covered the 3g surface and made it unplayable. pretty weird. anyway, abandonment and game to be replayed.

speaking of man up juice, i had to abandon(!) a cup game the other week due to hail. never seen a storm like it, pelted down hail like it was armageddon for about 30 minutes. my game and the county cup game on the next pitch had to stop and run for cover, after which the 2/3 inches of ice had covered the 3g surface and made it unplayable. pretty weird. anyway, abandonment and game to be replayed.
blimey that is weird weather that.

Back