A&H

Guzan challenge on Dyer

deusex

RefChat Addict

Not the best angle. But those who watched it live will have seen how shocking this tackle was.
A dark, dark red card.
I bet a penalty wasn't even coming if the ball went wide. These types of tackles are let go far too much.

The Referee Store
I think Guzan has gone for this fairly.

He hasn't made himself big by putting his knee in like some goalkeepers do.

If it didn't go in it would be a foul and for me not a red card.

I agree with Jacko. It's a ball the keeper has to go for and some might say he should have got but I don't see too much in the challenge itself.

A better clip might change your mind.
He jumps into Dyer's face with his pelvis. He has no control once he leaves the ground and was always going to smash into the player. Red card

All I remember from the original game is I thought the keeper bottled the challenge and turned away from it

I wouldn't have classed it as any more than a 50/50 collision Dyer was brave though !

A second look may change my mind ?

Yeah I'm not sending him off but I am trying to play advantage and if that ball doesn't go into the net, I'm giving a penalty. Regardless of what happens, I might well be cautioning the GK (though I'd need to see it better to know if he ever had a hope of playing the ball or if it was headed away in time for him to pull out and he chose not to).

Back