A&H

Guiseley vs Braintree

TheRef

Whether the white player deliberately shoots is irrelevant, referee correctly gave the goal but it's an understandably messy situation.

The Referee Store
I support Chelmsford City, Braintree's biggest rivals. I found this rather satisfying, even more so when today I am refereeing with a mate of mine who supports Braintree!

Not a lot the ref could do there - its a goal. Poor show for not allowing a walk in goal, but hey thats the level of sportsmanship which football brings out.

White 16 needed a caution, or more, depending on what he was saying to clearly inflame the situation!

Agreed. Which is concerning.

Ref has clearly got his hands full so should have shown him a quick yellow and asked 4th/AR to note it initially.

And he's got the wrong colour sock tape on.

A nightmare situation really, not a lot you can do but hope they do the right thing.

And if they don't just get on with it.

Referee let this go on far too long.
Give goal, kick off, be prepared for card in next 30 seconds.
What was discussing for 5 mins?

They've got headsets, yeah? I'd be like, linesman, put your flag up, that was a foul throw.

Foul throw? That's right. Braintree player had a foot over the line. Turn it over. And on we go.

They've got headsets, yeah? I'd be like, linesman, put your flag up, that was a foul throw.

Foul throw? That's right. Braintree player had a foot over the line. Turn it over. And on we go.
In a 'pre video' era I'd have been tempted to agree with you. But knowing that most / many games at this level are being filmed, I'd be very loath to do this, either as the referee or as an assistant. To knowingly commit an error in law which might well be clearly proved by video evidence would be a ballsy call .....

Referee let this go on far too long.
Give goal, kick off, be prepared for card in next 30 seconds.
What was discussing for 5 mins?
More importantly, why are they discussing?
It is simple - explain to managers and captains the incident, the law and we are re-starting with a kick-off. No debate - law is clear, players can give "walk in goal" if they wish, but the referee shoudl have been in the middle after 30 secs.... No time to consider and no need for i***ts like White 16 to be involved.

Simple solution, a walk-in goal. If the team that scored don't allow them, shame on them and there is nothing the ref can do.
I had one on Saturday, CAR's flag went up or offside, but the player was not interfering, no whistle from me, full-back caught the ball, free-kick, the other team score.

Back