A&H

Great Day!!

HullRef

RefChat Addict
After refereeing at the Sheffield United Academy for some time now I finally got the chance to ref at the Hull City Academy.

I was put on the U14's with a tutor watching me, gained some great experience and advice, no major problems, 2 cautions, some great advantages along with some not so great.

One of the away strikers was running with the ball towards the Hull goal 1 defender in the way, 1 chasing, the one chasing trips the striker (who stays on his feet) about 4/5 yards outside the penalty area, I delay about 2 seconds for an advantage, nothing coming so I blow for the free kick. Just as I blow the whistle the 2 hull players collide and fall over, the ball pops over them and the striker hurdles them, now in full control of the ball 1 on 1 with the keeper inside the penalty area. Gutted!

So I apologised to the away players and the striker, and of course they miss the free kick.

The tutor was impressed though and have given me a match next weekend, middle on the U16's with 2 NAR's which should be a great experience. One of the guys there also appoints to the local U16 and U18 reps teams and said he will try and get me on the line for that too.

All in all I'm really pleased with how the day went :)

The Referee Store
Quite jealous of these other counties... unheard of here to have an 7 in the middle with NARs, let alone an 8!!

Back