A&H

Goalkeeper changes place with player

Xavier

A player from blue team Has the ball the goalkeeper runs out of the box to tackle the player. Before the goalkeeper goes im for a challenge the blue player takes a shot a defender blocks the ball with his Hands what action should the referee take.

The Referee Store
A player from blue team Has the ball the goalkeeper runs out of the box to tackle the player. Before the goalkeeper goes im for a challenge the blue player takes a shot a defender blocks the ball with his Hands what action should the referee take.
We need a bit more information please!
Did the defender handle deliberately? Was the handling inside the penalty area? In the referee's opinion, was the shot heading for the goal? Is the goalkeeper involved in any offence?

The defender blocks the ball in the penalty box it was delibrate. The ball was heading in the goal. Mean while the goalkeeper is out of the penalty box

i was a bit confused by the OP title talking about changing places with the GK, and wondered if @Xavier was confusing another concept after reading the post.

If the original GK still has the funny colored shirt, he‘s still the GK and the one who can use his hands. If the GK actually switches with a defender (changes the funny shirt for a regular jersey), whoever is wearing the funny jersey is the GK—but both players are cautioned at the next natural stoppage after the R notices.

if they haven’t swapped shirts, the answers above are completely correct.

i was a bit confused by the OP title talking about changing places with the GK, and wondered if @Xavier was confusing another concept after reading the post.

If the original GK still has the funny colored shirt, he‘s still the GK and the one who can use his hands. If the GK actually switches with a defender (changes the funny shirt for a regular jersey), whoever is wearing the funny jersey is the GK—but both players are cautioned at the next natural stoppage after the R notices.

if they haven’t swapped shirts, the answers above are completely correct.
Thank you i was about confused with this as i was told at my referee course that the minutę the goalkeeper leaves the penalty box he then becomes a defender and the defender in the box is the goalkeeper.

Thank you i was about confused with this as i was told at my referee course that the minutę the goalkeeper leaves the penalty box he then becomes a defender and the defender in the box is the goalkeeper.
The first part of that statement is true: outside of the PA, the GK is exactly like any other defender—no special privileges and no extra restriction.

I think you misinterpreted something that was said to conclude that made some else the GK. If the GK leaves the PA, for practical purposes, the team has no GK Until the GK is back in the PA.

On courses we teach that if the goalkeeper leaves their area they are treated like any other player, and cannot (for example) handle the ball.

Back