A&H

Goal Line Technology worth the cost???

The Referee Store
I think it's incredible that the Big Screens are going to show the decision at the same time as the referee gets the signal, and yet, the referee has authority to overrule?????

Yeah, right, can see that happening at the Maracana can't you? Hulk hits one, comes down off the bar and gets cleared.....the big screens flash 'GOOOAAAAALLLLL' and the ref says' No! Play on!' Too easy for abuse.

Keep it on the ref's wrist - nowhere else.

The crowd doesn't need to know anything other than the ref's decision, I don't think they should even know whether the system has been switched off or not.

Am I being cynical that it's a German company that has been awarded the contract to supply the system? After all we have a German firm, adidas, that supplies referees outfits and match balls, and wasn't the ticket firm that dealt with World Cups, etc, a German firm too?

There are two competing systems, a German one and an English one. They're using one in a competition and the other in another. But it's no surprise that the Germans are dominant in all areas of manufacturing, that's kind of their schtick.

Sorry if I should have added that I love all things German, the football including the kits and sportswear, the people, the food, the country as I have lived there and would gladly do so again if the circumstances were right. But, it makes you think?

I don't know that there is institutional bias towards Germany so much as institutional bias towards excellent quality products and manufacturing which Germany has by the spade (England used to have it, but the services sector got everyone going a bit soft, imo). I mean, think that the FIFA leadership is almost entirely French (ethnically and linguistically, if not nationally) so you'd think there'd be a tremendous anti-Deutscher bias :p

Back