A&H

Gloves

Elsi

Level 9 Referee
Any recommended gloves that a referee can wear during the winter?

The weather around here has started to change for the worse and I'm looking for a pair of suitable gloves that I can wear while I'm refereeing, therefore, any suggestions please?

Thanks a lot.

The Referee Store
Any time your not running just stick your hands in your pockets, thrifty and looks proper professional.

I had a great pair of gloves from a& h with nice grip on them. Just did a search though and it looks like a & h have stopped doing them sadly.

Regardless of what some of my colleagues are saying; on a frosty ice cold day a solid pair of ref gloves are invaluable!

Just had a lovely image of a referee handing his gloves..perhaps his scarf and overcoat, too, to his manservant before booking a player

Oh, those golden days of yesteryear ;)

Tiger balm, dabbed inside of the wrist where your pulse is strongest. No need for gloves. Alternatively, as others have suggested run more.

@Brian Hamilton would you willingly mark down an assesse due to the fact he was wearing gloves?

Have to say in your position I'd be tempted. Of course it would need to be professional....

'Your whistle control was good but you may find it doesn't get tangled in your hands if you took those stupid f@cking gloves off'

Back