A&H

GK RED CARD...WAS I RIGHT !!!!!

wa209

Hi all... Game yesterday with an incident that got me thinking..
Adults Blue v Red.... Blue team play a ball over the top and footrace between Blue striker and defender... GK out of area, mistimes jump and in true scarecrow pose ball hits arm. Blue looked ahead in race.. So immediately I am thinking GK has handled o/s and denied Blue Striker chance.... However....
I held off whistle for a second or so as I could see the all dropping to Blue midfielder... With a careful chip/ lob from 20 yards out... Blue midfielder scores into empty net. I award goal.
However, then thought sanction on GK for original handball... But I had played the advantage??.. Could I / Should I go back for RC by GK in the build up.
Made my mind up quickly that I was not going to as I had played advantage and goal scored...
Was I correct...????
No complaints all round from players As I stated I had played the advantage and goal scored.. But had a nagging feeling after...
Anyway.. Thoughts etc welcome..

The Referee Store
Allowing the goal and not sending the keeper off sounds spot on.

The only way you'd still send off in this scenario if there was an act of violent conduct or advantage that you played on from.

Big Cat... Cheers.. Read it... The RC at the time just didt sit right with me at time ( old double jepody) especially as goal scored. However, having read... Correct is goal and YC.
Ta

Q. Why would you have given a red card
A. For denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity

but a goal was scored, so the opportunity was not denied, so no red card

you called it right, well done

Back