Level 5 Referee
Match #45
Ghana vs Uruguay
Friday, 2nd December 2022
18:00 Local Time (15:00GMT)
Al-Wakrah

Referee: Daniel Siebert (GER)
Assistant Referee 1: Jan Seidel (GER)
Assistant Referee 2: Rafael Foltyn (GER)
Fourth Official: Yoshimi Yamashita (JPN)
Reserve Assistant Referee:Vasile Marinescu (ROU)
Video Assistant Referee: Bastian Dankert (GER)
Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Pol van Boekel (NED)
Offside Video Assistant Referee: Ciro Carbone (ITA)
Support Video Assistant Referee: Paolo Valeri (ITA)

Standby Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Alessandro Giallatini (ITA)

Last edited:
The Referee Store
not a referee i'm keen on...hope he does well though, should be a cracking game

He wasn't off...back foot played him on

Thought it was a dive regardless though

Wow, really close call. Have to admit that I was only glancing at the TV, wouldn't have given the PK and once again don't think it's clear and obvious. Ref didn't look like he was awarding a PK if it wasn't offside either.

Please tell him to stop whistling! It seems that Collina has instructed the refs to “interfere” more at set pieces… but the needless whistling is just really poor - and grassroots refs are advised to avoid.

40th min minor foul basic DFK in own half ref has beeped over 20 times! Ridiculous and totally negates the effectiveness of the whistle when you need it.

(I’ve had a rough week so forgive me if I am brusque tonight!)

Reactions: one
He wasn't off...back foot played him on

Thought it was a dive regardless though
Agreed that it was a dive which seemed like a stupid risk of a booking. Don’t dive and the keeper still takes him out

Reactions: es1
Now that’s when I want to see VAR jump in. Clear red for Uruguay player and yet he gets away with it. Disgusting from Uruguayan..
Agreed...definitely a candidate for RC check. A very Uruguayan action there... Decades long history of viciousness

ooooh well i'm not sure what to think about that! 2nd time a ref hasn't overturned a decision after going to the monitor

it certainly surprised me, after clearly indicating the ball was won. i called pen real time though and think it probably was

Someone is going to get told off here. One FIFA referee saying this is clearly and obviously a penalty. The other FIFA referee looks at all the evidence and stays no it's not

0_GettyImages-1177730060.jpg

Back