A&H

Game in Australia

The Referee Store
That isn't a good look and shows a referee that has lost all control and arguably is demonstrating something of a power trip. When dealing with the benches you don't hang around there, you give the card and disappear to avoid further conflict, unless of course you actually relish that further conflict.

The original foul was such an obvious one as well.
But what is he doing hanging around the bench like that?
This remined me of my first season refereeing adult football, my match control was awful

Any comments on the team's behaviour?

The referee not squaring up to any of the players or team officials must be a plus though right? :D

There's a lot to take in here. For the first two red cards it looked like players involved just talked themselves into it by saying something the shouldn't have. Maybe the best course of action at that point would have been to get the free kick taken and the game underway again.

As always this video lacks any context.. How many cards up to this point. What sort of game has it been. Can't really see/hear what has been said.
Agree with others though. 7 minutes to get a free kick taken, which is the scored from whilst keeper who had actually came and helped make peace and get the game moving again.
1 thing I will credit the ref for was his calm demeanour but that really is it.
The captain comes across in this video as one that can be worked with, yet he makes no effort to use him.
Failing that he just gets card happy and I suspect he was going to go until the game was abandoned as he had had enough.
Doe she give a card based on the words of opposition as well early on, 2nd red card?

Reactions: one
What happened for the 5th one - where there is noise in the distance? Was it more verbals?

Is it that 5 of 7 were for OFFINABUS?
And the two coaches for repeated technical area offences?

The 2nd coach RC seemed pernicious. Other than that, good going son!

What happened for the 5th one - where there is noise in the distance? Was it more verbals?

Is it that 5 of 7 were for OFFINABUS?
And the two coaches for repeated technical area offences?

The 2nd coach RC seemed pernicious. Other than that, good going son!
I took it to be the coaches for something they said as well, with the first 2 being dissent 2nd yellows too!

At one point in the video he says "1 minute left", which going by the video description, I take to mean 1 minute to the end of the match. With that in mind, I think although technically right in law, he could easily have "chosen not to notice" the fact that the first 2 sending off's weren't leaving the area and just got on with forcing the game through to the end.

At one point in the video he says "1 minute left", which going by the video description, I take to mean 1 minute to the end of the match. With that in mind, I think although technically right in law, he could easily have "chosen not to notice" the fact that the first 2 sending off's weren't leaving the area and just got on with forcing the game through to the end.
I wasn't sure if he meant 1 minute left to play or 1 minute for the dismissed players and officials to disappear to wherever it is he wanted them to go. Later in the same phase of discussion he looks at his watch and says '30 seconds'.

I thought that was a "unless he departs in one minute, the game is over."

I agree he gets points for staying calm, which must have been tough, but I thought his biggest mistake was not getting away from the touch line after the first send off--no reason to stay there to write it in the book. That doesn't excuse any of the misconduct, but why be there?

I was trying to figure out if he had changed where he kept his red, or was just a bit flustered as he reached different places a couple of times.

Did he miss a second yellow early in the clip? He waves a yellow card at Red No 3 (around 40 seconds in) but then a yellow player comes across apparently indicating that it was his second booking. Referee seems to check his book and issues a straight red to Red No 3. I appreciate the card sequence would be incorrect but it looked like a second yellow to me.

Did he miss a second yellow early in the clip? He waves a yellow card at Red No 3 (around 40 seconds in) but then a yellow player comes across apparently indicating that it was his second booking. Referee seems to check his book and issues a straight red to Red No 3. I appreciate the card sequence would be incorrect but it looked like a second yellow to me.
How incorrect? If he'd already shown the second yellow, the red is the only thing left to show.

Yeah, he definitely wasn't aware that he was showing a second yellow at that point. It's possible he would have checked anyway without the "two" from the yellow player, but that definitely sped it up.

I thought that was a "unless he departs in one minute, the game is over."

I agree he gets points for staying calm, which must have been tough, but I thought his biggest mistake was not getting away from the touch line after the first send off--no reason to stay there to write it in the book. That doesn't excuse any of the misconduct, but why be there?

I was trying to figure out if he had changed where he kept his red, or was just a bit flustered as he reached different places a couple of times.
Yeah, you may well be right - the video description says "in the last 5 minutes" though, so either way I think there's a case for not causing a fuss over those two hanging around behind the dugout, getting away from the area/leave his AR to deal with it and just get to the end of the match. If all they want at that point is to stand behind the dugout and see if their team makes it to the next round or not, you're better off not having that argument - only need to get involved if they're committing further misconduct from just off the field.

Back