A&H

Game Footage with Referee Communication

Liam Miller

Does anyone know if there is a video out there of a top flight game (eg EPL) where you can listen to the referee team communicating.

I'm pretty sure there isn't anything like this but if there is, I though this would be the place to find it.
Thanks!

The Referee Store
There's the dvd called Kill the referee I think that followed the refs from euro 2008

Reactions: SM
Just shared a video on the Refchat facebook page that may be of some use, not been able to listen to it as my machine here at work doesnt have sound, so it might be completely useless too :p

There's a Spanish one too, El Arbitro (I think?) that has some (in Spanish) from a Real Madrid v Barcelona game.

Just shared a video on the Refchat facebook page that may be of some use, not been able to listen to it as my machine here at work doesnt have sound, so it might be completely useless too :p
Just watched it now, it is like a promotion film in some ways but it is interesting :) If you are a referee!

The Arbitrators, follows the refs through Euro 2008, and HW post Poland etc (the Howard Webb that works at the local council had about 40k threatening emails whn he came in to work on Monday morning!)

It's not all game game game, fair bit of associated admin and behind the scenes, but probably going to be the most that you get. Jus think of the admin, paperwork and release clauses that would have to go into getting, editing and releasing the footage / audio, farless what it may reveal about cross decisions or comments etc passed between officials "in confidence".

Too bigger stage with too much at risk. Officals currently only have to answer to their boss, and no-one else. as soon as this sort of stuff becomes available then this enclosed system is opened. If yo do this for them, then someone else will want the same....

The Arbitrators, follows the refs through Euro 2008, and HW post Poland etc (the Howard Webb that works at the local council had about 40k threatening emails whn he came in to work on Monday morning!)

It's not all game game game, fair bit of associated admin and behind the scenes, but probably going to be the most that you get. Jus think of the admin, paperwork and release clauses that would have to go into getting, editing and releasing the footage / audio, farless what it may reveal about cross decisions or comments etc passed between officials "in confidence".

Too bigger stage with too much at risk. Officals currently only have to answer to their boss, and no-one else. as soon as this sort of stuff becomes available then this enclosed system is opened. If yo do this for them, then someone else will want the same....
Yeah ive watched it and was hoping to find something a little bit more in depth when it comes to game footage but I see what you mean, so thanks!

This is the film I'm thinking of... El Árbitro. It's all in Spanish, but you can get the gist nicely.

Back