A&H

frustrated player

andy love

Level 7 Referee
ok so i will build this up, it is 2 - 1 in the second half, and i had just awarded a penalty, which again!! both teams said it was not! but the challenging player had his hand on the others back and it looked like he had dragged him down, from where i was. we are now about 20 mins into the second half, and a player has stopped to tie his laces while the ball is out of play, i call play to continue, as he was on the opposite side to the pitch, and in no danger of being in play, but it was taking him so long then the play goes towards hims he stands up and runs in towards opponent from about 10-12 meter sprint lifts both feet of the grown in a jumping motion, gets the ball but the opponent flips and land funny, yes did i blow up for this and yes straight red for dangerous play, but i said i am sending you off for a 2 footed challenge and he said it was only one, he was very angry, and i was shaking he said a few words that i did not get (maybe because i was nervous as this is my first red) and i think sending him off there was players everywhere and god knows if i had not showed him red i think a fight would of broken out as soon as red was shown everyone went there own way. mates my bum was going the size of 20p 50p i thought he was going to punch me at one point.

WHAT A BUZZ but i can't help but think i lead to this players frustration, not beating myself up it is just how i feel, i know i can only give what is dealt to me. but god it is hard when you look back at the match and think why did i get that wrong.

The Referee Store
Reading what you have written sounds like you did the right thing. Well done.

Looking back I should have cautioned at least one of the players today from winning team for persistent. In my head he was on last warning. Think I gave him to much rope really. Live and learn.

The issue I had was when, for some reason I looked at the league website when I got home. The resulted was wrong, not only wrong, but the wrong team won!! I started to question what I had recorded. After a few calls (which were embarrassing) to confirm the score its come to light the website is wrong.

no way you could have predicted that happening, he chose to do that therefore he will now deal with the consequences.

Spot on got me. He can't expect to make a challenge like that and get away with it.

Back