A&H

Junior/Youth Frequent Goalkeeper Rotations

W

Wil Bradfield

Did a junior u14's match Saturday morning, game was pretty one-sided and the home team were pretty comfortable throughout the match almost too comfortable. They rotated the goalkeeper with an outfield player within the first 15 minutes even though they had even yet to score. There had been at least 6/7 different players who played between the posts that match.

My question is, was that unsporting behavior? I mean, obviously they haven't infringed any written laws but should I have had a quiet word with the manager at half time about it? Because I imagine it would be pretty demoralizing for the opposition.

The Referee Store
Don't go looking for things that aren't in the laws, you run the risk of finding nonexistent cautions, or unintentionally becoming overly officious. This many keeper changes is nothing other than irritating.

Just because it's 'odd' doesn't make it unsporting. There's been no breach of the laws here, nothing to even consider a caution for. Just make sure you add time on for these stoppages. Aside from that, nothing wrong with what they did.

Last edited:
It may be frustrating but there's no need for any referee involvement. As CapnBloodbeard says - don't go looking for offences that aren't there. Demoralizing the opposition isn't an offence.

Back