A&H

Fram-Raufoss (Norwegian 2nd division, tons of situations)

norwegianref

I see that most videos here are from the biggest leagues that everyone knows about. For that reason I thought it would be interesting to see situations from some lesser-known leagues, and I have quite a cracker here from the Norwegian 2nd division.

0:40, 1:05, 1:30 (twice) and 1:50: Interesting offside situations. In every case, note the positioning of the AR.
4:40: Correct penalty?
9:00: The goalkeeper picks up a throw-in!
10:10: Correct penalty (handball)?
10:30: Two quick cautions for the same player
11:50: Another second caution

The Referee Store
0:40, 1:05 - my god, that positioning is absolutely disgraceful. How do you get to what looks to be like a fairly high level and have no idea where to stand? Massive decisions got wrong.
1:30 - positioning was closer, may have been in line, hard to tell. Those ones could have been correct. How did it take so long to reach the offside decision though???

4:40 - no penalty. Referee saw a player go down and blew the whistle. Highly obstructed view - but why was he standing there to start with? Should have been off to the side more. Poor restart positioning.

9:00 - that's just absurd, how can they get this one wrong?

10:10: Can't really tell, but the jerk of the arm suggests DHB is plausible. Why no card though?

10:30 - any reason why you highlighted the 2 quick cautions? Are you suggesting it was incorrect? I'm glad this referee had the gumption to do it - too many don't these days. Don't EVER leave your whistle in your mouth when booking a player though!!!

11:50 - terrible positioning. Referee is central when ball is in the PA - he needs to be wide, so he's out of positioning. He is slow on the counter, only jogging, not running hard. As such he misses what looks like quite a nasty tackle (studs to the calf). The caution seems appropriate though, but the referee loses a bit of credibility fumbling around with his cards like that.

The AR's positioning may be awful, but the non-offside at 1:05 is definitely correct - note Red #19 stood still in the right back position.

He's got the first (non-offside) at 1:30 correct, but the second one is definitely onside too, his lousy positioning came back to bite him in the ass!

Back