A&H

FRA vs POL Matchday 14 - Valenzuela (VEN)

george.g

Level 5 Referee
Match #51
France vs Poland
Sunday, 4th December 2022
18:00 Local Time (15:00GMT)
Doha

Referee: Jesus Valenzuela (VEN)

Assistant Referee 1: Jorge Urrego (VEN)
Assistant Referee 2: Tulio Moreno (VEN)
Fourth Official: Kevin Ortega (PER)
Reserve Assistant Referee: Michael Orue (PER)
Video Assistant Referee: Juan Soto (VEN)
Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Mauro Vigliano (ARG)
Offside Video Assistant Referee: Neuza Back (BRA)
Support Video Assistant Referee: Julio Bascunan (CHI)
Standby Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Martin Soppi (URU)

The Referee Store
Necklace off.. you’re telling me the coaching staff, all the players. The Ref team and the player himself and no body saw that before the game.

Going home in the morning? That is inexcusable and inexplicable.

• Haha
Reactions: ARF
I don't think it's a big enough issue for it to be that costly. Basic stuff but trivial.
Yeah, it's a 0.1 deduction, not an incorrect KMD. The worst thing is Kounde is playing right back, which meant he spent the first 42 minutes running past the 4th official and AR, we all spotted it within about 30 seconds, so baffling how the officials didn't.

Reactions: one
So it's now 2 cautions given when there wasn't even a foul. Really poor. Why don't ARs just say no foul in the earpiece or the ref give himself a couple seconds?

Giving the referee crew the benefit of the doubt, could they have checked him, saw no jewelry, and THEN the player put it back on? I'm not trying to make excuses, but if the player put it back on after the check then that's on him. The only thing I could possibly say is that the referees needed to look more at the pregame handshakes. But even then, who is to say he didn't even put it on after that?

But yes, once you see jewlery, the proper procedure is not to stop the game to let him take it off. He leaves the field, the game starts, and he can come back on once given permission to enter. Technical error here.

I am in two minds in this one. On the one hand three players injured on the ground. One is a keeper. You got to stop the game. On the other hand it would have been a goal without any injuries anyway.

Being cynical, was thinking the keeper has played a blinder. Definitely has a look up before deciding to go with the dying swan act. With 2 Poland players down can see why the referee stopped play, but should have been a dropped ball, never a defensive free kick

Back